New Tweedy Video (pretty funny)

I love how it has a Wes Andersony feel to it. And bananas are acceptable currency.

What a cool concept for a video! I've not been exposed to their music before, but I'll be listening more now.

I saw Steve Albini in there, too. That was kindof surprising. I would have expected Wilco/Jeff Tweedy to be on his extensive list of stuff he hates.

Also give me that bass. Give it to me. Now. Give it.

I saw Steve Albini in there, too. That was kindof surprising. I would have expected Wilco/Jeff Tweedy to be on his extensive list of stuff he hates.

Also give me that bass. Give it to me. Now. Give it.

I know that Albini sent Tweedy a couple of tapes during the tape shortage, after Quantegy closed and new production was months away. I'm sure they probably know a lot of them same people there in Chicago and even if there isn't real friendship there, I'm sure they've got some mutual respect just based off of how they each choose to get shit done. They seem to advocate for a lot of the same musical technology too.

Fun video. I'm enjoying the album quite a bit. I didn't know what to expect, which was is usually the best way to listen to something new.
It must be cool to make an album with your son. :cool:

Last edited:
I recently pickup up Jeff Tweedy - Sunken Treasure Live in the Pacific Northwest. It is a really well presented series of acoustic solo performances by Jeff that I recommend for fans of Wilco/Jeff Tweedy.

I recently pickup up Jeff Tweedy - Sunken Treasure Live in the Pacific Northwest. It is a really well presented series of acoustic solo performances by Jeff that I recommend for fans of Wilco/Jeff Tweedy.

It is pretty good. There is a good Wilco one Ashes of American Flags.

Necro bump... This month I got Tweedy on vinyl, and both the Sunken Treasure and Ashes of American Flags DVDs for my birthday. :grin:

I know that Albini sent Tweedy a couple of tapes during the tape shortage, after Quantegy closed and new production was months away. I'm sure they probably know a lot of them same people there in Chicago and even if there isn't real friendship there, I'm sure they've got some mutual respect just based off of how they each choose to get shit done. They seem to advocate for a lot of the same musical technology too.

I just watched the Sonic Highways Chicago episode. It was the first time I have seen Albini. He is definitely an odd dude. I respect the way he does business, but I can't help but think how much money he has left on the table.

I just watched the Sonic Highways Chicago episode. It was the first time I have seen Albini. He is definitely an odd dude. I respect the way he does business, but I can't help but think how much money he has left on the table.

There are a lot of artists and producers I'd have a shit ton more respect for and they'd probably have a higher quality discography if they'd do the same.

Back