new 2012 Plymouth Superbird....WANT!!!!

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
hpp-daytona_460x0w.jpg

hpp-richard-petty-superbird.jpg

:love: :love:

Anybody got a spare 80k? You have to buy a Challenger, then a tuner company outta Detroit called HPP (who's down with HPP? ) takes the car and tricks it out. 15k for the base package, 41k for all the bells & whistles, so about 80k if you get all the good stuff on it.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110072927649/first-hpp-plymouth-superbirds-begin-to-roll

The tail's angle of attack can be changed on the fly, depending on your speed (not sure if it's done automatically or not) and the hoodscoop and ground effects are all functional to maximize aerodynamics (air pressure under the hood, the car, etc).

your taste in cars is almost as bad as your taste in music. almost.

I used to own a '70 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-six pack, waaaay back when :embarrassed: It was a piece of rust i was gonna fix up, but then I joined the Air Force and didn't have anywhere to store it, so i sold it....

...i think when you buy that, you get a free subscription to trailer park monthly magazine...

No thanks, I'll take an original.
My neighbor from before I moved has a orange '70 with a 440. Very close to this:

110331-bigthumbnail.jpg

I know the Superbird is a covetted collector's car, but I just hate the way they look, and I doubt any amount of performance would change that. :shrug:

I know the Superbird is a covetted collector's car, but I just hate the way they look, and I doubt any amount of performance would change that. :shrug:

It was a NASCAR thing. 500 examples had to be sold to make tg legal to race.

It just looks silly. I get the original NASCAR homologation special, but I don't get the modern take on it.

I mean, if a Ferarri 458 can go 202 miles per hour without a giant fin, why the hell does this car need a gigantic piece of aero?

Oh, and when I say it looks silly, keep in mind that I drive an ugly car where aero is clearly more important than appearance, and any 'styling' added to the car is largely considered to be terrible.

Last edited:
It just looks silly. I get the original NASCAR homologation special, but I don't get the modern take on it.

I mean, if a Ferarri 458 can go 202 miles per hour without a giant fin, why the hell does this car need a gigantic piece of aero?

Oh, and when I say it looks silly, keep in mind that I drive an ugly car where aero is clearly more important than appearance, and any 'styling' added to the car is largely considered to be terrible.

The original didn't have venturi's and such for downforce. Aero was brand new then. That car was so fast that it and the 426 Hemi were banned from NASCAR after one year.

Back