Need laptop recommendations.

I've done hundreds of installs of the following and no one goes back to subscription AV:

Avast
Avira
AVG

I use AVG and Avira at home, my folks run Avast. I'd use any of the three with out hesitation.

I've done hundreds of installs of the following and no one goes back to subscription AV:

Avast
Avira
AVG

I use AVG and Avira at home, my folks run Avast. I'd use any of the three with out hesitation.

Avast is a great AV. I have it on all my PCs at home even though I could use the managed AV we have at the office. I have seen Avast catch threats most AVs let go.

Avast works well for me.

I actually just installed Snow Leopard on my computer. It's no quicker than Windows 7 (actually probably a little slower if anything) and the mouse acceleration sucks with my Logitech. It looks so pretty though :love:

Avast works well for me.

I actually just installed Snow Leopard on my computer. It's no quicker than Windows 7 (actually probably a little slower if anything) and the mouse acceleration sucks with my Logitech. It looks so pretty though :love:

I've noticed that Leopard was a bit faster, but I'm running an older mac without much RAM too...

Don't forget malwarebytes.org for their superior malware scanner. I also like AVG for antivirus.

Yeah, the new Mac laptops with the corei5 and corei7 processors looks nice but I'm a bit broke at the moment.

I prefer Lenovo/IBM over Dell - the IBM T42 the company gave me ran for 3 years with it running 5 days a week bouncing around in the back of a car and never had a problem. The Dell Latitude D630 on the other hand that they replaced it with was faster but has been thru 3 motherboards, 3 hard drives and 3 cooling fans.

Kind of a lemon if you ask me. Warranty is up in December, hope they replace it before it disintegrates altogether.

I dunno what the specs are on the one you got, but this popped up as today's Woot....

http://deals.woot.com/sellout

I'm not looking. I've already spent my money.

Don't forget malwarebytes.org for their superior malware scanner. I also like AVG for antivirus.

Yeah, the new Mac laptops with the corei5 and corei7 processors looks nice but I'm a bit broke at the moment.

I prefer Lenovo/IBM over Dell - the IBM T42 the company gave me ran for 3 years with it running 5 days a week bouncing around in the back of a car and never had a problem. The Dell Latitude D630 on the other hand that they replaced it with was faster but has been thru 3 motherboards, 3 hard drives and 3 cooling fans.

Kind of a lemon if you ask me. Warranty is up in December, hope they replace it before it disintegrates altogether.

I tried AVG free for the time being for the antivirus.

I've had an account with Dell for 6 years, bought nearly 10 computers from them but the stuff I've been hearing steered me away from a laptop purchase. This one has an i5 processor, 4gb ram and seems like it will last a while...

Back