NCD!

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Already own one of these, just ordered another. Very lightweight, good sound. It's to replace an old and heavy 115 in my upright stack. Now the stack will consist of 2 of these and a little 112Eden.

IMG_1115.JPG

When I get it all together I'll post some pics of the rig.
I've recently done some mods/upgrades to the upright as well.

I promised pics
IMG_1118.JPG

My bass is an approx 10 yr old ply, made in Romania. The amp Is a CarvinBX700. The Eden 12" is on top. The cab to the right is the old heavy 15" the new 12" replaced. The nice thing about the Hartke cabs besides the weight and tone is they are switchable on the back for 4 or 8 ohms making them very versatile to configure. With the 3 cabs at 8 ohms gives me a 2+ ohm load. So with the amp set to 2 ohms and the 3 cabs gives me very nearly the maximum 700w RMS output of the amp.
IMG_1121.JPG

The bridge is a new design, called a Deuce. Tig welded aluminum. No loss in tone over a trad bridge, plus very stable.
The pickup system is by Shadow. One pickup in the bridge wing and one under the fingerboard, blend and eq, plus a tuner. Also attached is the Line6 G30 wireless. The strings are Innovation Rockabilly Reds.
IMG_1120.JPG

Oh, and on most gigs I turn the Eden cab on top sideways toward the drummer and the rest of the band. Most stages we play on aren't big enough to sit the stack far enough behind for the rest of the band to hear it well.

I have always wanted to run 2 cabs, one on each side of the stage. Just for sound dispersal sake. I would love to play with a bass player that did that. I usually run a bit of bass in my monitor. I like to hear that bottom end in my mix.

Back