NBD: Fender Bass VI

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
I sold my Ric 12 string, and just in time too. This cropped up on the local craigslist for 600 bucks, including original hardshell case. My cursory research shows it may be worth a good deal more than that. But I don't think it's going anywhere. it's just too much fun to play. The Beatles used one of these off and on on the later albums.

this one was made in Japan in 1995. It's tuned exactly like a guitar except one octave deeper. I've been playing through my bass amp and it sounds really cool. You can do chords and play lesd lines but also keep a steady bassline going.

here it is, pictured with my current bass lineup.

70fcc7fee70759f874d1c394af668ae9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have a jazz bass coming in the mail. I don't want to keep taking my nice basses to these auditions. One klutz already dropped my Hofner in a parking lot as he opened the back of his car. Luckily it was in a hardshell case and no damage was done, but I need a knockaround. The Jazz will fill that role well.

I also have a jazz bass coming in the mail. I don't want to keep taking my nice basses to these auditions. One klutz already dropped my Hofner in a parking lot as he opened the back of his car. Luckily it was in a hardshell case and no damage was done, but I need a knockaround. The Jazz will fill that role well.

Awesome.

I'm outta town this week. Next week I'm putting the Precision on CL. I'm certain hilarity will ensue.

I had one of those mid 90s Bass VIs back in the mid 90s. It is a fun to play.

I played it for a while last night. It's so much fun, and so different from anything else I have.

When I saw Dylan two years ago, his bass player was playing either an Upright or a Bass VI. Nothing else.

This is the coolest thing I've picked up in a while. It sounds really great through my MarkBass.

Back