National Hockey League 2018-2019

No smog here, nice on shore breeze.

If you take March off to rest, the Stanley Cup isn't going to be an issue, now is it?
 
You guys are pretty good at the underhanded, just beneath offensive barbs & jabs.

Pretty soon one of you will be asking the other to meet for a coffee. You know it, I know it and the American people know it.
 
89040052-1DE5-4890-84F7-9635525E2084.jpeg
 
yup all in good fun.

I'm very objective when it comes to watching hockey and am too old to be care that passionately about who wins or loses. Sure I tend to go for the local team because you have an opportunity to watch them. But if the other team is better I can easily acknowledge that.

In fact though I've been a fan all my life it was only in SJ where I could go see games live (which is the best way IMO), 1st because I had more money than when I was younger and 2nd because it was easier to do so (especially early when the Sharks were setting records for losing :grin:). Though I still have my first team, the Sharks have, over the years, really become my first team because we see them more here than other teams. And just like the guys back east rarely see west coast teams, especially when I worked, I rarely saw east coast teams because of the time difference. Games would generally be over before I got home from work. So over the years I saw more of the Sharks players and less of even the great players like Ove and Sid.

I don't hate anyone on the other team, after all in today's pro sports the player you hated yesterday might be your teams biggest FA signing :shrug:. And hating someone you don't know and have never met is an ignorant trait anyways ..just MO.
 
My (adopted) Jackets beat the Bruins tonight, even after a near-disastrous 2nd period. Jackets gonna need all they can get to solidify a spot in the playoffs, and even so, I can’t see them making it out of the first round.
 
When did these odds come out? If they are recent, it’s absurd where they have the Caps. That may be worth a play.

Feb 22

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/stanley-cup-futures

I don't know, but the Central and Metropolitan divisions just seem weak compared to the Atlantic and Pacific, at least by team points.

Sharks showed a lot of heart last night going in to a back to back against another #1 team, losing Simik to a nasty injury in the first, forcing them to play with only 5 D's.

Then, after keeping it close/tied most of the game, Captain America pulls this off with 4 seconds left.



That's a 6 game winning streak, as SJ heads home for 3 weeks, while the Bruins 'coast' to another loss. I guess it makes sense for them to phone it in, as they have absolutely no chance of catching TB.:hifive:
 
Did you see what Calgary did to poor NJ last night? 6 goals in the 3rd after leading 4-3. 3 goals in less than 2 minutes including a penalty shot. I didn't see the game but boy does that ever look like tanking to me. Sharks game was a fun one, I thought it would be. Simik's injury didn't look good, I haven't heard anything yet but I thought it looked like a knee. Columbus should be playing better given all the trades they made, maybe they finally have figured it out or maybe the B's just decided to save some energy for the playoffs
 
Did you see what Calgary did to poor NJ last night? 6 goals in the 3rd after leading 4-3. 3 goals in less than 2 minutes including a penalty shot. I didn't see the game but boy does that ever look like tanking to me. Sharks game was a fun one, I thought it would be. Simik's injury didn't look good, I haven't heard anything yet but I thought it looked like a knee. Columbus should be playing better given all the trades they made, maybe they finally have figured it out or maybe the B's just decided to save some energy for the playoffs

Yeah, at first I thought it was his ankle, but then after a couple of views of the replay I suspect knee as well. Not good, but they are super deep and can absorb the loss even with EK still out.
 
I really can't stand how Californians don't understand the cameraderie of casual violence. Back East, you get in fistfights with people as part of becoming friends.

In LA, someone looks at you cross eyed and before you know it, bullets are flying.

I mean really, talk about soft. Take a punch, you gutless fucks.
 
Yeah, I am eating another crow sandwich regarding San Jose...but it's only EK65 and the other EK that I don't like anyway.

Calgary is legit...a little strangely inconsistent at times but legit.
 
I really can't stand how Californians don't understand the cameraderie of casual violence. Back East, you get in fistfights with people as part of becoming friends.

In LA, someone looks at you cross eyed and before you know it, bullets are flying.

I mean really, talk about soft. Take a punch, you gutless fucks.
Casual Violence will be the title of my next album(that I'll never finish).

The Blues just need to keep at about 0.500 until they get Tearastinkhole back hopefully in a few weeks. The fact that they are in a playoff hunt is unbelievable after their first half of the season.
 
I don't think you get it; we're all set for the regular season. Really. The Bruins did one of the most difficult things to do in a loooooooooooooooong NHL season and that is TCB during the short, grey days of January and February.

Right now, they need to get healthy. 6/18 of their preferred starting roster are out. And they have enough cushion where the individual games now aren't important. They have too many good habits to quickly develop bad ones (see: Celtics, Boston for the absolute inverse of this, maddening f'ing team).

It's true that you want to be playing your best in the post-season - but as we know from decades of hockey watching (or in the case of you Californians, two years and two months) there's no promise of positive or negative carry-over from the regular season for teams.

This year it's Tampa's to win or lose. Every other team will need to peak at the right time if they're to win.
 
Back
Top