Question: NAD -- but a quandry as well....

bsman

b00b
Some may remember about a month back I bought a Fishman Loudbox Mini amp from Hello Music -- it was about a $80 or 90 price difference between that price and the "normal" stores. Well, in the meantime, there's been a lot of radio silence -- I was concerned because nothing was forthcoming. I even called the vendor and got all sorts of different (wrong) info depending on who I spoke to -- yesterday I was informed that they had no information about the order at all (remember, this was billed to my Amex card on 8/15!)

Cut to this afternoon -- the Brown truck pulls up and drops off (my son signs for) a box rather larger than I was anticipating. Inside this larger-, heavier-than-expected box is a Fishman Loudbox Performer -- a much more powerful, capable amp than I bought and which has a street price of about three times what I paid.

I have contacted Hello Music and informed them -- obviously somebody has lost money on this transaction, and my ethics will not permit to simply pretend it never happened -- so I have a NAD that is not really very happy. I have a set of three paid acoustic gigs coming up early next month, so I am in need of a decent acoustic amp, but am still waiting...

:gah:

:-/

Their fuck-up is your new gain. If they can't get things done in a timely manner, I'd say it's probably all okay.

When I wanted the Luna Muse 12-string (in my pre-Luna artist days) I ordered from Hello Music, as it was much cheaper. They made promises and delays; it took almost 3 months to get it; by then I had bought one elsewhere but they would not cancel the sale because it was a "special order" (even though it had been listed as in stock on the website). I ended up reselling it at a bit of a loss.

Hello Music sucks.

Well -- we'll see what happens. Perhaps they've made enough $$ screwing Gary and other folks that they'll let this on lie?!

Just remember... They can not bill you after the fact without your permission.

FWIW, I got my Mini last week, and it's fantatic. Mini + T5 = WIN :thu:

HM just may let you keep it, an reship or refund the other person - if, in fact, they sent the wrong one to another person in the first place.

Seems to me that you did everything right and they didn't do anything right. You've been concerned and they haven't given it a thought. This vendors pain is 100% self inflicted and you had nothing to do with that. If it were me I'd be at the "bite me" stage of negotiations. You spent your money to buy an amp and enjoy it. Forget about the vendor and do that. You've certainly earned it.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with Musicians Friend many years ago. I ordered a Vox Night Train head when they first came out. They kept changing the ship date and finally the box arrived. It looked about twice as big as I thought it was going to be. Sure enough, when I opened the box, there were 2 amps in it. I called them right away to let them know they sent me 2 heads. The lovely customer service person told me that I was wrong, they only shipped me 1. I explained that there were had packed 2 heads in the box and they assured me that they only packed one. I called back again and the same thing happened. So I left the extra one unopened in the box just in case and I held on to it for almost a year, then I sold it.

I'm 99% sure they will tell you to just keep it. They may not even have the one you ordered. HNAD

I had a similar issue with Musicians Friend many years ago. I ordered a Vox Night Train head when they first came out. They kept changing the ship date and finally the box arrived. It looked about twice as big as I thought it was going to be. Sure enough, when I opened the box, there were 2 amps in it. I called them right away to let them know they sent me 2 heads. The lovely customer service person told me that I was wrong, they only shipped me 1. I explained that there were had packed 2 heads in the box and they assured me that they only packed one. I called back again and the same thing happened. So I left the extra one unopened in the box just in case and I held on to it for almost a year, then I sold it.
Man... Why does shit like that never happen to me?

Personally I always go with my gut instincts. If you don't feel right about it,I'd call them and see what happens. I had something similar with a tool box I had delivered from Sears. They delivered a much more expensive lower cabinet than I paid for. I thought about it and called. They said it's our fault,keep it.

Personally I always go with my gut instincts. If you don't feel right about it,I'd call them and see what happens. I had something similar with a tool box I had delivered from Sears. They delivered a much more expensive lower cabinet than I paid for. I thought about it and called. They said it's our fault,keep it.
But you were dealing with a reputable company...

Hello Music sucks.

Well -- they're going to send me a prepaid shipping label for this one, and asked if I wanted a refund or the "right" one. Can you guess my answer? One thing though: I am going to insist that I see the credit on my Amex account BEFORE I send this amp back!!!!

Well -- they're going to send me a prepaid shipping label for this one, and asked if I wanted a refund or the "right" one. Can you guess my answer? One thing though: I am going to insist that I see the credit on my Amex account BEFORE I send this amp back!!!!
:facepalm:

I bet they never have repeat customers. o_O

Back