Dig it! Mr Power 9V Battery to 2.1mm Plug Lead and Pouch

Gorgon90

Harmonic Dive Bomber
I have a mini tuner pedal on my board and I've come across an earth hum from it when I phantom power the board. As it's a mini pedal, it needs external power but with a gig I've got coming up where we will have stupid quick changeovers, I wanted to avoid running mains out to the front of stage to run a separate transformer for it.

Mark's solution for his mini board with a power bank and a step up transformer was a bit pricey for a one off so after a bit of searching I came across some 9v to 2.1mm plug adapters, out of which I liked this one.

20240114_191014.jpg

The cool bit is it comes with Velcro built into the back to hold it on a pedal board.

20240114_191036.jpg

As I've already got Velcro on my board by the tuner pedal I haven't needed the included patch and the pouch stayed firmly on my board through a 4 hour rehearsal today, tuner worked fine from the battery and I had no hum.

20240114_191044.jpg

It was about £5 on eBay shipped from China in about 10 days. It's not going to change the world but having it is a useful option to get through a gig if a power adapter goes done or to get around something like my current earth loop issue so I thought I'd share.

Back