• Nut Width: 1 11/16" / 43 mm
  • Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze, Light, 12-53
ELECTRONICS
  • Electronics: Discrete Fishman Sonitone Active System
HARDWARE
  • Hardware Finish: Black
  • Bridge Type: Michael Kelly Bridge
NOTES
  • Special "Port" offset soundhole placement with Port bracing to enhance top resonance
  • Extreme cutaway body shape that provides enhanced access to upper frets and great balance
  • Side soundport, personal monitor
https://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/en/products/view/forte-port-x

If that guitar was an outfit, anyone wearing it would be presumed to be a struggling streetwalker with an utterly hopeless addiction problem.

At first I was going to say it might work without the insane top and twelfth-fret inlay. Then I realized that those were just distracting me from how ugly the body, bridge, sound hole, and cutaway are.

I'd like to see it in a less showy wood; as it is, there is too much going on to really judge.

Oddly enough, a local guy lost almost everything he owned in a fire, though he was able to wake his neighbor up so she could get out. He has a Go Fund Me campaign that I contributed to. One thing he wants is one of these guitars. (He is a professional musician so it isn't as frivolous as it might seem to some.) Strange to see the same guitar in two different places.

I see they have the "partial eclipse"
mkfpxpe.png

Make it a full eclipse and it could be interesting, maybe.

This is more to my liking
MKFPN.png

On the whole, though, I personally like the more traditional look for what I do.

I like the idea of not dropping your pick into the sound hole.

Don't like much else about it, unfortunately.

I see they have the "partial eclipse"
mkfpxpe.png

Make it a full eclipse and it could be interesting, maybe.

This is more to my liking
MKFPN.png

On the whole, though, I personally like the more traditional look for what I do.
I agree, the more traditional finish is much nicer. It still feels like something is missing...maybe it needs a pickguard. There's just too much "nothing" going on in the center.

Nope. That lovely body looks like it is waiting for something to happen to improve it.

Back