Mental health check-in

Update: Bloodwork - Fine
Abdomen Sonogram - Fine
Scheduled: CT Abdomen - 19th
Colon and endoscopy - Thursday (I went to a different gastro doc and got it moved way up from August 13th. Ridiculous)

If all of these come back normal I'm not doing anymore testing. This is WAY too much for my anxiety.

Update: house sold and closed, divorce papers agreed and filed, and pending only court signature which should come in a bit. Doing ok and moving forward.
All the best with it mate.

I got called into my bosses office on Friday :cop: She just wanted to pass on that I was "smashing it" since I've stepped up to full time management, rolled off a bunch of things that had really impressed her and said that she's been praising me to the higher ups.

I get imposter syndrome now and again with work since I don't really come from the social background nor fit the profile of senior management in education so that was really nice and validating.

She also congratulated me on the DJ award. :bigg:

So, this has been an extra rough week on top of just a rough (stupendously busy and exhausting). I'm still going to physical therapy and receiving treatment for my neck injury caused by my car accident two years ago, but that's been exhausting in and of itself. Finally got myself scheduled for another round of facet injections in my neck. Then I get rear ended, yesterday. Neck feels worse than ever and everything just hurts on that side.

Meh.
Update:
  • Neck is slightly better but still sucks more than before, considering it was still messed up for the accident in '22. It's exhausting.
  • Car was officially totalled. Now we just negotiate the value of it since I think it's worth a touch more than what they offered (which, admittedly, was still fair)
  • Car shopping sucks, especially when you haven't actually received the insurance money, yet. It's time consuming by itself and I can't just not go to work or ignore stuff at home entirely. Plus I'm just tired all the time already.

Last edited:
Update:
  • Neck is slightly better but still sucks more than before, considering it was still messed up for the accident in '22. It's exhausting.
  • Car was officially totalled. Now we just negotiate the value of it since I think it's worth a touch more than what they offered (which, admittedly, was still fair)
  • Car shopping sucks, especially when you haven't actually received the insurance money, yet. It's time consuming by itself and I can't just not go to work or ignore stuff at home entirely. Plus I'm just tired all the time already.
Mojo. Dealing with all that crap is a pain.

Had colonoscopy and endoscopy a week ago. Everything fine (no details need be shared).
Tested positive for covid Sunday. Just today feeling better. It hasn't been bad other than headache and some throat/chest stuff that was mild. Wife had it, hers was relatively mild just long winded.
Still don't know why I'm not eating much. Weight has leveled out but only because I force myself to eat. I miss craving food. That sounds so weird to be able to say and acknowledge but still not have an appetite.

Had colonoscopy and endoscopy a week ago. Everything fine (no details need be shared).
Were you not allowed to leave until you farted?
Tested positive for covid Sunday. Just today feeling better. It hasn't been bad other than headache and some throat/chest stuff that was mild. Wife had it, hers was relatively mild just long winded.
You saying how mild it is for you reminds me that I've never tested positive for Covid but my wife definitely had it in March of '20, but was told that it couldn't be it because she didn't have all the symptoms so they didn't use one of the few tests they had at the time on her but the following January she tested positive for antibodies. I never stayed away from her, so I probably had it and was asymptomatic. That idea is kinda scary.
Still don't know why I'm not eating much. Weight has leveled out but only because I force myself to eat. I miss craving food. That sounds so weird to be able to say and acknowledge but still not have an appetite.
That was the weirdest part about switching from Metformin to Mounjaro. I'm Type 2 diabetic so I have a legitimate script. :grin: But not being hungry ALL THE TIME is a huge change. I'm no longer starving like I'm going to die at lunch time. I dropped a little bit over 50lbs since the switch about a year ago.

Were you not allowed to leave until you farted?

You saying how mild it is for you reminds me that I've never tested positive for Covid but my wife definitely had it in March of '20, but was told that it couldn't be it because she didn't have all the symptoms so they didn't use one of the few tests they had at the time on her but the following January she tested positive for antibodies. I never stayed away from her, so I probably had it and was asymptomatic. That idea is kinda scary.

That was the weirdest part about switching from Metformin to Mounjaro. I'm Type 2 diabetic so I have a legitimate script. :grin: But not being hungry ALL THE TIME is a huge change. I'm no longer starving like I'm going to die at lunch time. I dropped a little bit over 50lbs since the switch about a year ago.
LOL. The guy said "We'll talk to you later" and then I woke up in recovery. I was told to get dressed and move to a chair across the hall. I got a cracker and a cup of apple juice. When I finished it they said "Where's your wife? It's time to go"
This had been about 10 minutes since I woke up. No huge farts. It was a disappointment.

Yes, the no/small symptom covid is how it keeps going IMO. I think a bunch of people have had it and didn't know it. I had way worse symptoms when I got vaccinated!

Probably 1/2 of my co-workers are out sick and most w/ covid. It's interesting that everyone is either very mild symptoms or pretty severe.

We've clearly learned NOTHING from the pandemic experience. Since being pulled back into the office, it's just been various illnesses passed around and people down and out on sick leave. I got sick for the first time in a few years with some rando virus within a couple weeks of coming back

Probably 1/2 of my co-workers are out sick and most w/ covid. It's interesting that everyone is either very mild symptoms or pretty severe.

We've clearly learned NOTHING from the pandemic experience. Since being pulled back into the office, it's just been various illnesses passed around and people down and out on sick leave. I got sick for the first time in a few years with some rando virus within a couple weeks of coming back
It's not even that people haven't learned. I think the species came out stupider on the other side. The amount of times I have to pull over to the side of the road because opposing traffic is coming down the street dead center even with a double solid line is amazing... What I learned is that people generally don't actually give a fuck about other people and now are less afraid to show that.

It's not even that people haven't learned. I think the species came out stupider on the other side. The amount of times I have to pull over to the side of the road because opposing traffic is coming down the street dead center even with a double solid line is amazing... What I learned is that people generally don't actually give a fuck about other people and now are less afraid to show that.
People are getting sick of everyone's bull shit and finally doing something about it. The problem is we all have some bull shit someone else is tired of. lol

I was sick twice this winter and it wasn’t the flu or covid. Had both before and they ran their expected course in the regular number of days. This was chest cold like up a notch or two and each time hung on for about 5 week where I felt like I was breathing through water hacking like a 3 pack a day smoker. Had all my shots and didn’t have a fever. The worst of it went about 10 days then it eased up and hung on until stopped. Not had anything like that before. Went back to wearing a mask at public events.

I am not a happy camper at the moment. I just did the property tax math for this year. My appeal was rejected. And my taxes went up by 33% in one year. Ouch.
That sucks. I wish I could sell my house at the price it's valued at after the recent appraisal hikes.

Today was a nice day. Led an "Early Up" clinic at the more beginner/kid's mountain here in SV, under management of Martina, there on the right, and had a few fun runs after with her, and Hans, a long time legend who just retired at age 84 and who is still strong as an ox with amazing attitude (old Austrian teaching here since the Fender guitars and amps were new) and Irv a long time kids instructor and supervisor. Beautiful spring corn conditions. Figured it was ok to post a positive mental health thought here once in a while too!
IMG_1437.jpeg

Long week at work. I wasn't the last one out if the carpark today but I wasn't far off it.

On the upside I've almost got my main qualification stuff over the line which is the culmination of 3 years graft from the kids. It's been a lot bittier than I'd have liked due to staffing but our more able kids are walking away with a really good qualification and the rest are achieving what I'd have expected them to so that's nice.

Also get to start decorating the den tomorrow after spending about £600 in paint and dado rail!

It'll be a week or 2 process but it's going to look amazing when it's done. My dad (painter and decorator) balked when I told him our plans but he thought the copper feature walls were a stupid idea and they turned out great...

My son emailed me today. The college my late wife taught at had a golf tournament and raised enough money and a fund in her name is totally endowed to help students. I have spent the last 2 days going through things in storage and reliving wonderful memories and then getting a very nice email. It’s overwhelming. I’m moving forward and I miss her so much. I’m not a wreck but am very emotional.

Chemo fatigue is really taking a toll on me, mentally.

I don’t think I’ve done so much as touch a musical instrument in 10 days or longer. Really, I think that the only times it’s happened have been while I’m traveling, ending a major project, in the process of moving, or being in a hospital.

I’m not bored yet, thankfully. Still happy to read and write, listen to music, binge-watch, play chess, spend time with my family… play PlayStation, gods forgive me.

But I don’t feel like me. I miss doing the things that I love. I miss running, taking the dogs out. I miss canoeing. I don’t have the energy to go out for a show or a concert. I don’t have the energy to do any real cooking, even. Fuck, I even miss things like doing the chores or even for taking care of @DdBob when he needs Canadian recovery time. :facepalm:

It’s a drag. I wouldn’t recommend these drugs for purely recreational purposes. You’re better off sticking with the holy herb.

Back