master of the box pattern

angry tele

L'effet c'est moi
also known as the master of the telecaster
i think he and Freddie King are my favorite bluesmen, mainly because they break a lot of blues-rules. I mean this album only has 2 or 3 vocals on it. Some of it borders Stax-does-surf almost.

Just shows what one can do with a handful of notes and shit ton of balls and attitude, (and a huge horn section) Tone that would make Dick Dale weep from all that treble but somehow it sounds beefy and fat as hell.

if you dont own this album (Truckin' With Albert Collins) get it today. Its awesome. Not typical blues, not even typical texas blues, its pure Albert Collins coolness. and to think he released this in 1969 or thereabouts-the height of the jimi hendrix-Eric Clapton blues-rock explosion, yet this is sometimes mellow, chill, funky, and just downright cool. He didnt follow the Buddy Guy post Cream era 'i must be doing something wrong' path but stuck to his guns and did his own thing. Very cool IMO.

his solos tell a story. very lyrical yet still riffy. Very hard to pull off and not sound like a douchenozzle i.e. dont try this at your local bloooooooze jam.

Last edited:
I've been on the verge of buying this for some time now. I think it was recorded a few years earlier and thus is technically a rerelease. But very cool just the same.

Back