Making corned beef for St. Patrick's day?

Grave Bomber

Ghoulish Anomaly
Me too! Cooked these up yesterday.

photo1.jpg

Nom nom nom! :thu:

I brined two briskets....one we had for corned beef and cabbage already and the other I smoked for pastrami yesterday. Tonight we're going to have pastrami on homemade marble rye w/ some slaw I have to make when I get home. Granted, it's not Irish but neither am I. :wink:

Make some pastys and some potato soup to go with your corned beef!

Serve it up with some Smithick's, some Harp, some Guinness and an after dinner shot (or 5) of Jamison's.

We'll boil up a corned beef with cabbage, potatoes onions and carrots and then roast the corned beef to give it a little crunchiness, serve it with some brown mustard, and call it a night!

May you get to Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead.

An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can fall down and hold onto one blade of grass, and not fall of the face of the earth.

We'll boil up a corned beef with cabbage, potatoes onions and carrots and then roast the corned beef to give it a little crunchiness, serve it with some brown mustard, and call it a night!

I do something similar.

Boil the brisket and then put it into the oven to finish. Boil all of the vegetables once the brisket is removed.

I do something similar.

Boil the brisket and then put it into the oven to finish. Boil all of the vegetables once the brisket is removed.

My wife looked at me like I had snakes coming out of head when I suggested corned beef as a St. Patrick's Day meal.

We're having eggplant parmigiana.

My Ma grew up in Cork City.She never had corned beef until she came to the States.Ham and cabbage was more traditional in her eyes.
And with the leftovers she made colcannon.:love:

6x7K1sT.jpeg

Home cured and smoked pastrami
Muenster
Red cabbage and jalapeño slaw
Homemade dill rye bread

Epic

Back