Little Wing Intro

mosiddiqi

The Curry Master
Staff member
Somebody posted a cover of "Little Wing" in GJ, and I realised that I've never actually learned the intro properly. So, as I was working from home this morning :embarrassed:...I learned it and recorded it for fun. This is on my Strat's middle pickup (which I NEVER use :embarrassed:) through Guitar Rig...I was a bit random with the flanger, but I was more focused on getting the part as right as I could. I learned that matching Jimi's rhythmic feel is practically impossible for me :cry:..but I did my best. Also, I learned this by ear, so please forgive any crap notes, it sounds close enough to me. I think. :embarrassed:

If you haven't already learned this bit, do so, it's great. :embarrassed:

http://www.box.net/shared/etl4lxgkms5pa93i6hz3

Also, I learned this by ear, so please forgive any crap notes, it sounds close enough to me. I think. :embarrassed:

Turned out great. For a lot of reasons I think it's better to learn it your own way and make it your own. I learned the intro from a Jimi-obsessed guitar instructor, and he was very much into breaking down the smallest details. Which was great, don't get me wrong, but these days my version has devolved back into something that sounds and feels more like myself.

Turned out great. For a lot of reasons I think it's better to learn it your own way and make it your own. I learned the intro from a Jimi-obsessed guitar instructor, and he was very much into breaking down the smallest details. Which was great, don't get me wrong, but these days my version has devolved back into something that sounds and feels more like myself.

Thanks!..yeah, I've always learned tunes this way for better or worse :embarrassed:.

Sounds great... I have a SRV version kicking around at home I recorded a few years ago... if I can find it i'll throw it up here.

Yea... You just casually learned that intro... I really appreciate you, Mo, but I think I hate you... :wink: Nicely done... I haven't tried to learn any solos by ear in years...

Well, I'm cheating... I found a good Youtube instructional video... I probably should have learned this song 20 years ago...

Back