let's see your favorite TV weather girl

Why is it that women on TV News/Weather are expected to pose like models? Do they make the males pose like that?

Not quite the same - but yes. Physical attractiveness is pretty much a requirement to climb the career ladder in the TV News game, and all the ladies involved know this so they play the game and get paid rather well to do so. That doesn't mean they are not good at their jobs as reporters, but a hot chick who is competent at the job will get hired over a plain looking lady that kicks ass at it. Radio or print is the place for them. Male reporters need to be attractive as well, but given the male propensity for visual stimulation more attention is paid by marketing to the ladies.

what kind of philistine backwater do you inhabit!?!?!

On the plus side, our local weather guy is named Doug Harlow.

Every morning, Diego (our male husky) goes outside when the alarm goes off, then comes back inside and jumps in the bed. If it's raining or snowing, we can tell because he's either soaking wet or covered in snow, so we call him Dog Harlow. "Dog Harlow says it's snowing this morning" is a phrase often uttered in or house at 5 am.

Reactions: Tig
I don't watch local news either, but know Rachel Frank, from local events and such.

She's easy on the eyes, for sure. :thu:

I like this home girl. She's an actual meteorologist so we're talking brains and beauty; makes my morning.

Last edited:
J.C. Monahan was a hottie in her day. She has since been promoted to the nightly news magazine show. You may recognize the drummer in the pic.
94d460f0-3a67-44aa-bd8b-a9a411805bb2_500.jpg

And nobody tops this:

JC still looks great. And Al Kaprielian is a weather god. There is no meteorologist on earth who is more enthusiastic about the weather.

Back