Let's Have a Funny Pic Thread! Mk 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a related note, Happy Hours have been banned in Scotland in an effort to tackle binge-drinking culture. True story
It is my understanding that bars in Massachusetts can't have happy hours. I don't have any personal experience with this as my happy hour days are well behind me.

So, pretty much the price doesn't really matter that much.
Yep. Alcohol taxes are proof of that. They claim the tax is there to deter people, but you know it will just increase the tax base. Just as Prohibition was ended after the Depression hit to increase tax revenues.

unnamed.jpg

Back in the day pubs used happy hour to get guests earlier in the night, that did sort of work.
Eventually however, by law they weren't allowed to advertise it (any sort of alcohol advertising is illegal in Norway).
Interestingly, alcohol usage didn't decrease after that happened. So, pretty much the price doesn't really matter that much.

When I lived in England, the USAF NCO Club decided that Happy Hour with 2 for 1 drinks encouraged more drinking.

So they changed it to Social Hour - with half-price drinks.

It is my understanding that bars in Massachusetts can't have happy hours. I don't have any personal experience with this as my happy hour days are well behind me.

You would think they would have expanded Happy hours since is such a miserable place to be in the first place what it being filled with Massholes :Wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back