Le Creuset Dutch Ovens, any fans?

My bro has one but those things are like 140 bucks. I can get a Lodge for about 60 :shrug:

My bro has one but those things are like 140 bucks. I can get a Lodge for about 60 :shrug:

Yeah, I've used the le creu stuff but I'm too cheap and honestly, the Lodge product is just as good. That said I skipped the enamel and went straight cast iron since I don't do a lot of cooking with high concentrations of wine or vinegar in the dutch oven.

I love LC cookware and everyone should get some if it is in your budget.

It is (unfortunately) not in mine so my dutch oven is from Lodge. And the enamel is chipping all over the place, but it works well. Dutch ovens are wonderful pans. I use mine all the time.

We have a cuisinart version of the same thing. Works great and was $50 at TJ Maxx. Hasnt chipped in 4 or 5 years of regular use.

We have a cuisinart version of the same thing. Works great and was $50 at TJ Maxx. Hasnt chipped in 4 or 5 years of regular use.

I'm usually a quality over quantity type guy but I'm finding out some things it just doesn't pay. For instance at work we have a harmonic balancer puller set we bought from harbor freight about 12 years ago...regular use over the years and it's still perfectly fine. My boss probably paid no more than 40 bucks for it. A snap on version is about 400 bucks. For 40 bucks you could buy a new one every five years and it'd take you forty years (if my maths are correct) to equal the cost of the snap on one....:shrug: same thing for a lodge or cuisinart. If you get 10 years out of one (most likely you'd get much more) then it's gonna take around 30 years to equal the cost of one Le Creuset, in that time you'd but two or three of the cheaper ones hypothetically

I'm usually a quality over quantity type guy but I'm finding out some things it just doesn't pay. For instance at work we have a harmonic balancer puller set we bought from harbor freight about 12 years ago...regular use over the years and it's still perfectly fine. My boss probably paid no more than 40 bucks for it. A snap on version is about 400 bucks. For 40 bucks you could buy a new one every five years and it'd take you forty years (if my maths are correct) to equal the cost of the snap on one....:shrug: same thing for a lodge or cuisinart. If you get 10 years out of one (most likely you'd get much more) then it's gonna take around 30 years to equal the cost of one Le Creuset, in that time you'd but two or three of the cheaper ones hypothetically
I agree. Problem is its often hard to tell what cheap stuff is gonna last and what expensive stuff is gonna slcrap out immediately. In the case of the enameled pot, we got lucky

Back