Korean bulgogi tacos…yea or nay?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I might head over to Livonia, MI Saturday night for a concert (MindMaze) and I found a Korean taco joint in downtown Ann Arbor I might stop at for lunch.

Seoul Street http://eatseoulstreet.com

I'm thinking the bulgogi tacos. Has anyone here had bulgogi tacos before? I think they are a 'thing' out in LA on certain food trucks.

tacos.jpg

They certainly look tasty :)

Despite the fact that saying 'tacos' with 'Korean' just sounds wrong, I am pretty sure the result would be mighty tasty.

they're kind of a thing everywhere these days (Roy Choi's legacy..), and fairly overdone, IMO. but they can be tasty! try em if you haven't before.

I've seen those trucks (Bay area) but haven't tried them. When my daughter was in college (Occidental, down in Smell-A) she loved those things. Personally, I find that the fancy food trucks (i.e. not roach coaches, but trucks that only serve one type of food) tend to be rather pricey and chi-chi in terms of what you get for your money.

So I go to the concert Saturday. I stop in Ann Arbor and go to this place. I walk in about 4:50, start to order, and am told any food I order won't be ready until 6:30. messedup0

I walk back out and drive down Ford Rd. towards the concert hall and stop at a 5 Guys burgers, instead. I guess I won't be trying any Bulgogi tacos :(

Funny thing. The day you posted this (Wednesday) I ate dinner at a food truck at the brew pub I was out at with some friends. The food truck had Bulgogi tacos. I did not get them.

Back