Kogi Tacos: Delicious...

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Last week I took the back way to Kalamazoo, driving thru Vicksburg, MI. I was going to just pick up a burger in Kalamazoo, maybe at Five Guys or Sonic, then I remembered there was a new place in Vicksburg, The Vault. It's a coffee shop/casual restaurant that is in an old small bank (hence the name The Vault).

So I stop there instead. I didn't want a huge meal so I picked the Kogi tacos they had, $9.99 + a drink.

OMG, those were soooo good! They used 2 big pita bread shells instead of taco shells, then the Korean bbq beef, grilled chunk green/yellow/red peppers & onion, with I think just a hint of pineapple, pico de gallo, topped with some creamy orange-red sauce (looking a bit like Hidden Valley chipotle ranch) that had some fairly spicy Korean-type spice in it.

I didn't take pics, and ones I find online don't quite look like the ones I had.

Has anyone else here had Kogi Tacos? From pics, it looks like every place makes them a little bit different.

kogi.jpg

As long as I had a decent recipe for the Korean bbq beef, I think I could make my own :embarrassed:

I haven't been to a Kogi before, but I've had a handful of varieties of Korean BBQ tacos, and they were all very good.

When I saw the thread title I thought you had misspelled "corgi".
Corgi tacos might be delicious, too :embarrassed:

I've heard that dog is fairly tasty, from people I was stationed with in the Air Force that lived over in the far east for awhile.

http://kogibbq.com/

Kogi is actually a company name out of L.A.; they were a starting point for the whole gourmet/fusion food truck craze and established the business model everyone uses these days.

Back