Klonly West

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422681827.527892.jpg

I can't actually remember ever hearing Kanye's music, but I love how much he angers old fogies who just want to hear some classic rock. If you're a musician and people are pissed off at you just for showing up, you're doing it right.

I can't actually remember ever hearing Kanye's music, but I love how much he angers old fogies who just want to hear some classic rock. If you're a musician and people are pissed off at you just for showing up, you're doing it right.
If by classic rock you mean:

OK.

I am not familiar with his music, and am not against it. But I see enough to know that he has an ego that has to outweigh his talent because no one could be that talented. He comes across as a tool. That is enough to keep me from wanting to hear his music.

Oddly enough, I don't even listen to much classic rock, as most of it doesn't appeal to me either. I always have gone for the more folky type of thing. Hendrix, Zep, AC/DC, and stuff like that has never resonated with me.

Kanye's great. He's an arrogant dick, but a lot of really great artists have been. He's a great producer, great performer, and works his ass to be the best in the rap game. He reinvents himself on each album; he's not putting out the same AC/DC record every couple of years.

Kweli breaks it down for you:

If you watch only one of them, watch New Slaves, with Charlie Wilson.

Back