Kerouac, get in here. Let's talk about RPGs.

Dragon Age was AMAZING and Dragon Age II comes out next month!!!! :love:

Talk about a time killer though... I probably have 70 hours into each Dragon Age playthrough (I've done three) and just reading the Codex can be a major chore. Fantastic game and another gbreat example of how killer Bioware is. Mass Effect, KOTOR, Jade Empire and Dragon Age make a pretty powerhouse RPG team.

Hardcore RPG guys don't like it much, but Fable is my absolute favourite current series. It's the reason I went Xbox in the first place and I look forward to each new installment. It does come on PC too, but I'm not sure how it controls. :shrug: There's a lot of humor in the game (In Fable 3 John Cleese is your butler) and while the stories may not be groundbreaking, I find them enjoyable.

Sometime this spring Diablo III is coming out... when it arrives I don't think I'll be doing ANYTHING else. I still play Diablo II and if the new one is as good as it looks... :love:

Lastly, I loved Neverwinter Nights on PC, even if I hated 3rd Ed. D&D rule sets. Go monk, pump your Dex and ditch weapons. By level 10 or so you will be raping everything that gets in your way. :love:

I misunderstood what you were asking, Chihli. lol! My SQUADMATES are right next to me. I keep getting shot from long distance across as small chasm. Guess I'll just have to be more cautious. No running and gunning.

What class are you? I was an Infiltrator on my 1st playthrough and I destroyed them with my sniper rifle. Second time I was a Vanguard and I got close and used the shotgun.

Thanks, Chihli :thu: I'll give that a shot tonight. For breaking through the shields. Is it called "overload" or something? That's what I need to equip on squadmates?

Can't remember what class I went for actually, Kerouac. I got frustrated where I got stuck and put the game down a week ago. But I wish I'd gone w sniper class.

Last edited:
Thanks, Chihli :thu: I'll give that a shot tonight. For breaking through the shields. Is it called "overload" or something? That's what I need to equip on squadmates?

Yeah, I think Ashley does it. I'm pretty sure the game even stops and tells you to do exactly that, doesnt it? Grenades work well too if you're accurate enough. I can imagine that you woul dhave trouble as an FPS guy. For an FPS it's all about accuracy and if you're good enough you can mow through stuff. I, personally, suck at them. I never made it through an FPS. Ive tried the great ones - Crysis, Bioshock, Deus Ex, etc. I get my ass handed to me.

With ME, you need to take your time a bit, find cover, use the squad's abilities including your own, and take them out more methodically in a lot of places. As you level, you will be able to increase your accuracy with your weapons.

yeah. its like they went about finding every single thing that was wrong with oblivion (fantastic game in its own right) and are going to revamp/fix it

this screenshot :love:

Combat_TrollFireSword.jpg

yeah. its like they went about finding every single thing that was wrong with oblivion (fantastic game in its own right) and are going to revamp/fix it

this screenshot :love:

Combat_TrollFireSword.jpg

Like we've discussed before, I hated Oblivion. And Elder Scrolls. I'm really, really hoping for something better and so far it seems to be delivering.

I need a new game. I dont want to buy ME2 till I get my new computer. Shoot me something else here, peeps.

Sometime this spring Diablo III is coming out... when it arrives I don't think I'll be doing ANYTHING else. I still play Diablo II and if the new one is as good as it looks... :love:

I'm looking forward to D3 -- years of expectation have really built up my hopes for it -- but I doubt I'll have the time to devote to it as I did with the first two.

I'm looking forward to D3 -- years of expectation have really built up my hopes for it -- but I doubt I'll have the time to devote to it as I did with the first two.

Truth. My current PC probably can't handle it anyway. Guess I'll need to buy a new Mac. :grin:

2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 3GB of RAM and an onboard video card. My monitor is a 17" CRT. :embarrassed:

That honestly isnt a bad PC. If you add a video card you'll be in decent shape. You arent going to run dual monitors at 1600x900, but you'll still run most games at decent settings with that setup and a 90 dollar card.

That honestly isnt a bad PC. If you add a video card you'll be in decent shape. You arent going to run dual monitors at 1600x900, but you'll still run most games at decent settings with that setup and a 90 dollar card.

Yeah, but I don't want to shell out $90 just for a video card. I'd rather get a new Mac (which would get a lot more use) even if it's pricier.

Back