Just watched Ted 1 for the first time...

What can I say, I love Seth MacFarlane's stuff. I think if he hung out with me and my brothers, he would be like a 4th brother with his sense of humor.

Seth MacFarlane is a smug, vaguely date-rapey douchebag.

But he's hilarious and is a very talented and quick-witted storyteller. The first Ted movie was both hilarious and a good story.

Seth MacFarlane is a smug, vaguely date-rapey douchebag.

But he's hilarious and is a very talented and quick-witted storyteller. The first Ted movie was both hilarious and a good story.

Really? I mean, it's a hilarious movie, but the story is just a bland 'roommate moves out' story. Hell, even Friends had episodes with this storyline... If it wasn't for the roommate being a teddybear everyone would just ignore this.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this movie and I laughed my ass off, but I think the storyline is about as interesting as eating 3 days old dry bread.

Last edited:
What can I say, I love Seth MacFarlane's stuff. I think if he hung out with me and my brothers, he would be like a 4th brother with his sense of humor.

My sense of humor is really wired about the same as his too but I think even more so to his buddy Seth Green - Robot Chicken is extremely amusing to me.
robot-chicken-washing-machine-o.gif

I love the first movie but I doubt the second installment will be as good. I love Family Guy. Their comedy gold far out weighs those few lame episodes.

I love dark, dirty, racist, homophobic, and sexist satire but I have full disclosure in knowing that Seth McFarland simply shows up to work now. He has multiple teams of writers working on that show. He's super talented but he's just a funny guy doing voices.

I love this fucking movie. So a talking Teddy Bear is realistic, but when a film has continuity issues, it's not realistic?
I was making a joke :tongue:

But seriously, why can't Hollywood ever get something that easy to notice right? It's not like it's rocket science :embarrassed:

Here's how a continuity issue like this happens:

After the last preview screening, the scene where the bears ear gets fixed is dropped probably due to a studio note.
Someone mentions to Seth: "hey you know the ear thing is gonna be weird."
Seth to line producer (the person who actually produced the film): "how much will it cost to redo the ear shot?"
Line producer: "$90,000.00"
Seth asks the studio, "Can we have $90,000.00 to fix a continuity problem due to your stupid note."
Studio: "$90,000.00? Fuck no! You can pay for it put of your back end if you like."
Seth: "Fuck that! Leave it."

Saw Ted 2 over the weekend and thought it was funnier than the first one. I normally don't go and spend dough on movies but the wife has been depressed and wanted some laughs so she wanted to go see it.
I still say wait till it comes out on DVD or movie channels but you'll definitely laugh your ass off.

Really? I mean, it's a hilarious movie, but the story is just a bland 'roommate moves out' story. Hell, even Friends had episodes with this storyline... If it wasn't for the roommate being a teddybear everyone would just ignore this.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this movie and I laughed my ass off, but I think the storyline is about as interesting as eating 3 days old dry bread.
i guess I mean it had more of an engaging story than I was expecting going into it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back