Joyo is upping their amp game…

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Joyo has been selling a few small tube amps solid state amps that don’t seen to have any traction in the market. But now it looks like they’re taking a big step up with a two channel high-gain tube amp. I can only find it for sale on Asian sites; the Japanese price works out to about $435 USD. Joyo’s old amps aren’t sold in the US and are hard to find in Europe so we may never see these here, but it looks interesting given the low price.

That sounds badass! I, too, would like to weild the hammer of Thor! It sounds like they worked out that usual EL84 squish that I don't like. Hmmm... Will Amazon have this?

Reminds me a LOT of the Victory amp I have, not only sound wise but visually as well. Sort of a clone but adding a few features of their own.

After my joyo delay took a dump, I doubt I would ever risk $400 on something from them.
I've had Boss and DOD/Digitech take a dump on me, too. Shit breaks. Hell, I've seen people complain about broken multi-thousand dollar McIntosh amps.

Maybe I have an odd perspective because I used to be the refurb tech for the CompUSA I worked at. It was my job to take the returns of particular brands we were authorized to refurb and get them working again. Made me never want to buy a Compaq (pre-HP). But even then when you see how infrequently stuff actually gets returned compared to raw sales it gives you perspective.

I've had Boss and DOD/Digitech take a dump on me, too. Shit breaks. Hell, I've seen people complain about broken multi-thousand dollar McIntosh amps.

Maybe I have an odd perspective because I used to be the refurb tech for the CompUSA I worked at. It was my job to take the returns of particular brands we were authorized to refurb and get them working again. Made me never want to buy a Compaq (pre-HP). But even then when you see how infrequently stuff actually gets returned compared to raw sales it gives you perspective.

While that is true, I also believe in you get what you pay for. I bought a $40 delay and it broke. I should also add that it may have had a total of 2 hours (I am being generous, I think I only used it a handful of time) on it and it was well cared for. I am a stubborn bastard, if I buy something and it breaks for really no reason, I will most likely never buy from that company again.

And for Compaq, they can suck a bag of dicks. They dicked me on a warranty repair when I was the network administrator for a large bank. For the next 6 years they got none of my business. Dell ended up getting a few million dollars from us that could have gone to Compaq if they weren't such douchenozzles.

While that is true, I also believe in you get what you pay for. I bought a $40 delay and it broke. I should also add that it may have had a total of 2 hours (I am being generous, I think I only used it a handful of time) on it and it was well cared for. I am a stubborn bastard, if I buy something and it breaks for really no reason, I will most likely never buy from that company again.

And for Compaq, they can suck a bag of dicks. They dicked me on a warranty repair when I was the network administrator for a large bank. For the next 6 years they got none of my business. Dell ended up getting a few million dollars from us that could have gone to Compaq if they weren't such douchenozzles.
Well, again... Most defective stuff dies either in the box or not long after. I'd buy Joyo before I buy most Behringer stuff... Then again, my Bugera is made by Behringer and is surprising the shit out of me at how good it actually is and how much I've been beating the crap out of it dimed through an attenuator. LOL

Compaq has always been douchecanoes right up until the day HP acquired them. I remember we had to order a set of screws for a machine that cost something like $120. We get the screws in a smallish box filled with air pillows. We almost threw the screws away because they were in a tiny bag. FOUR SCREWS. I asked why we didn't just use screws from one of the dead carcass machines and they looked at me as if I just explained how to become immortal.

Did you try getting a replacement from Joyo? I have no idea if they do any sort of customer service for US buyers. In Europe Harley Benton sells Joyo’s stuff with a three-year warranty, but HB might also be eating the cost of replacements

Who'd you buy the pedal from? I got mine from Amazon. Amazon usually has some pretty good customer service themselves.

Did you try getting a replacement from Joyo? I have no idea if they do any sort of customer service for US buyers. In Europe Harley Benton sells Joyo’s stuff with a three-year warranty, but HB might also be eating the cost of replacements

It isn't worth the time, the delay isn't that good and I have an echorec and carbon copy. I bought it a few years ago and have no idea where from.

I seem to buy in a very narrow band between "workingman" and "boutique". Joyo falls to one side of that, just as anything by Pete Cornish falls to the other.

Back