I've really gotta stop browsing Craigslist

shoeless

Riffin'
I've bought 2 amps off of Craigslist in the last month and a half, and I wasn't even in the market for an amp. They were just good deals that I couldn't pass up. I will exercise restraint on these two, but they both look like pretty good deals as well.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/msg/5541662517.html
Guitar Amp - Roland Jazz Chorus 120 - $400 (Baltimore)
00K0K_k6Mu5IDu3LR_600x450.jpg

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/msg/5558848070.html
PEAVEY CLASSIC CHORUS 212 GUITAR AMP - $75 (Silver Spring)
00i0i_tfrMS0p2LS_600x450.jpg

That JC looks very clean for being an older (better) model. $400 is pretty much the going rate, but rarely do they look that clean. The newer version with the push button on/off switch generally gets $500+ but that's only because they are newer. I doubt anyone could hear the difference between them, but the old school is just cooler.

That Peavy was about as close as anyone got to the JC in terms of lush clean chorus tone. It has a FAR better distortion circuit than the Roland. I'd have no issue rockin the Peavey in the absence of a JC.

You could buy my Roland JC-55 and save your back from lugging the 120 around. I am just over the bridge in VA :grin:
Ha ha, well, I still have my Twin for when I need a good workout. Luckily it has casters on it.

I'm guessing that Peavey is their take on the JC. I'm not familiar with them, but seems like a good deal at $75. I am not going to contact him though....nope....not gonna do it.

Does that Peavy have two effects knobs over towards the right? Reverbs and Delays? I'm pretty sure that's the amp I used in high school. I didn't know a thing back then but it sounded good to me.

Ha ha, well, I still have my Twin for when I need a good workout. Luckily it has casters on it.

I'm guessing that Peavey is their take on the JC. I'm not familiar with them, but seems like a good deal at $75. I am not going to contact him though....nope....not gonna do it.

If you are jonesing for a VOX AC-15, stay away from my add on the DC craigslist. It is basically brand new and a very good deal :grin:

I look al the time and haven't come across anything I've been interested in for quite awhile.

Is it this one? It does look brand new.

01313_5OAxQ8jWJVX_600x450.jpg
That is the one. I bought it without the wife knowing, so it is kept in a cover under my desk when I am not using it. With our move coming up, I figured I should let it go instead of trying to store it for a few months.

Back