Dig it! It's like analogue Lego for teh toanz

dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
http://www.klonz.eu/the-real-thing.php

The first Full Tube, 100% Analogue, Modelling Guitar Amplifier.
100% Tube signal path, USB/MIDI controlled - and you can build it yourself!

image.png
image.png

It appears that their Kickstarter campaign did not get successfully funded.
Bummer.
I'm going to keep an eye on these though.

Bad name (i.e. anything that sustitutes an "s" with a "z" at the end) and goofy logo may not have helped; otherwise, looks kinda neato.

excuse me for being dim....but wasn't the point of "modeling amps" to have a solid state amp that's cheap and light that SOUNDS like a tube amp?

don't get the point here.

excuse me for being dim....but wasn't the point of "modeling amps" to have a solid state amp that's cheap and light that SOUNDS like a tube amp?

don't get the point here.
I think "Modelling" (sic) is used as a (dumb) key word here - they actually say in text on their webpage that it's "not modeling, not analog simulation..."

Probably more accurate to used a different 'M' word - modular

Wasn't there some other amp a while back that had modular preamps? (I think it enjoyed a brief popularity with the goobers on the HC amp forum)

Wasn't there some other amp a while back that had modular preamps? (I think it enjoyed a brief popularity with the goobers on the HC amp forum)

Those were the Randall MTS amps. There’s a whole scene around modding and rebuilding the preamps to approximate other amps, and even a company that does it. But I think the idea came along too late to compete with high-end modeling rack systems.

I think "Modelling" (sic) is used as a (dumb) key word here - they actually say in text on their webpage that it's "not modeling, not analog simulation..."

Probably more accurate to used a different 'M' word - modular

the modular amp that comes to mind was in the 80's, Seymour Duncan made them. it was a tube amp with modules for different tone/overdrive, IIRC.
Seymour+Duncan+Convertible+100.jpg

and then what?
take it apart and put it together again?
i'm pretty sure once you've put the jiggsaw puzzle together, you've solved the game. not much point in playing it twice.
:grin:
Give it time. It's an amp. It'll fail for one reason or another. :embarrassed:

Randall also made (maybe still makes) and MTS head that had tube modules for different voicings -- essentially the same idea as this:

oqbz3yv19cvjv58ikxqh.jpg

Back