Is the Orange Crush 20 a decent practice amp?

Looking for small and cheap for office, and knock around, throw in the car, etc. Liking the idea of an Orange, would also consider a little Blackheart, or Epiphone. Obviously looking for cheap used. Probably should have grabbed one of Mark's little old amps when he had them.

I see a used Crush 20 for like $60 at GC used. I suppose the RT with reverb and tuner would be nice to have.

wish I could help. I haven't looked at anything like that in probably 20 years.

wish I could help. I haven't looked at anything like that in probably 20 years.
I kinda wanted something that said "Orange" on it. A micro terror would be cool, but I really cannot justify it. Plus, then I would have to get a cab. Kinda defeats the whole "throw it in the car" thing.

Honestly, if you are just looking for something easy to throw in the car or use in the office, I think any of those small amps will work. I think the micro terror with the little cab would look pretty cool.

The Crush 35rt will do it, plus even work well as a small gigging amp with the emulated line out. I have a Micro T, and while cool as hell, you still gotta have a decent cab and it's not as convenient as a small combo. The 35rt sounds great with the 10". I wouldn't waste my time on a 20, the speaker is too small.

The Crush 35rt will do it, plus even work well as a small gigging amp with the emulated line out. I have a Micro T, and while cool as hell, you still gotta have a decent cab and it's not as convenient as a small combo. The 35rt sounds great with the 10". I wouldn't waste my time on a 20, the speaker is too small.
Well, I already have my Classic 30, which would be awful close to the 35RT. Also, wanting to keep it cheap. So that puts me back to the little Epi, or what @Help!I'maRock! suggested. or just get a Micro just because. It would be fun to make a beater little cab out of a speaker and some plywood. But, again, I complicate the process when $35 in Boise would be pretty much good enough. Even if not AS good.

Last edited:
Well, I already have my Classic 30, which would be awful close to the 35RT. Also, wanting to keep it cheap. So that puts me back to the little Epi, or what @Help!I'maRock! suggested. or just get a Micro just because. It would be fun to make a beater little cab out of a speaker and some plywood. But, again, I complicate the process with $35 in Boise would be pretty much good enough. Even if not AS good.

I have a Mustang 1 I use for a "throw around". Any small amp would work. The Mustang has nice clean Fender models plus built in effects.

My buddy picked up a crush20, I was pretty impressed. I took a Roland street cube for some office woodshedding with my friend. My buddy and I played them at the same time and the Roland came out on top, warmer sound and fatter lead tone. I see cube 20s and 30s used from 80-120 fairly often on CL, the dyna-comp channel is pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svl, the Crush RTs are really nice little amps. If that CL ad is for a 20RT, I would jump on it.

I was getting ready to trigger a 35RT until the new little Vox MV50 heads came out :love:

I like my Pathfinder 15r as a practice amp. Any small amp should work.

Looking for small and cheap for office, and knock around, throw in the car, etc. Liking the idea of an Orange, would also consider a little Blackheart, or Epiphone. Obviously looking for cheap used. Probably should have grabbed one of Mark's little old amps when he had them.

I see a used Crush 20 for like $60 at GC used. I suppose the RT with reverb and tuner would be nice to have.
I have a Mustang I I need to get rid of.

Back