Is Hulu Worthless?

I think that was actually brought up at one point.
The Feds passed a law requiring that the Networks had to broadcast free over the air.
Sumthin like that.
I don't have cable either.
I bought a $20.00 antenna and have Nextflix.

I don't miss cable at all.

Where I live I cannot get any broadcast stations, and there is no cable on my part of the road. That leaves me with satellite. They give me Boston stations as local even though I am much closer to Springfield. The Boston weather reports have little to do with my weather.

I can do that already via on demand, usually for free, though our cable co. Not that I love the cable co, and I would rather DVR a show so as to skip commercials, but just saying they already provide that.

I like it. I can watch Parks and Rec and Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares or The Daily Show. Even with it and Netflix I'm still paying a lot less than I was for cable, which I rarely ever used.

This. We got rid of cable years ago and with Hulu we can still watch network shows. $8 is a whole lot less than the $100 a month we were paying for cable.

I like it. I can watch Parks and Rec and Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares or The Daily Show. Even with it and Netflix I'm still paying a lot less than I was for cable, which I rarely ever used.

Sent from none of your fuckin' business!
I do see how it could be great if you don't have cable/satellite. If you do have TV service it's a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep asking myself why I pay for Hulu. You can find most of the same content on Netflix. With the exception of a bunch of movies that are even to horrible for Netflix the content just isn't there.

I use Hulu (non-plus) to watch the few broadcast/basic cable shows I want to keep up with as they air (or within a few weeks of air). I can't see any advantage in Hulu Plus. We use Amazon Prime for when we want to watch a movie or something--Netflix maybe has more content, but Amazon has enough, plus the shipping advantages make sense for us cost-wise.

I think that was actually brought up at one point.
The Feds passed a law requiring that the Networks had to broadcast free over the air.
Sumthin like that.
I don't have cable either.
I bought a $20.00 antenna and have Nextflix.

I don't miss cable at all.

Me neither. Ours ended up being on as background noise. I only watched like 5 channels maybe, and 90% of the time it was just repeats. Now I can bing watch stuff that I missed out on the first time around like Supernatural and Dexter.

I tried hulu plus a while back. I really just never used it. I'm okay with waiting until Netflix has most things, otherwise I plunder it. :embarrassed:

Back