Introduction

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and nice comments. Some of you know me from other places, for those who don't here is a little showing off. I mentioned that I make guitars and I posted a picture of the lester and archtop thingie, here are a couple more.

A left handed 335 clone that went to Europe. Long and interesting story...

IMG_2843_zpscchfpny0.jpg

Here is a right handed version of the same thing owned by a jazz player named Jac

IMG_3417_zpsdwniyvue.jpg

Another LP looking thing. Top is flamed Spanish cedar (which is neither from Spain or a cedar), interesting because the guitar is chambered.

IMG_2132_zps7e3c25b2.jpg

This was a fun project. A friend is one of the best custom motorcycle painters in the world - he has traded a paint job for a vintage LP. If you read any of the chopper mags you've seen his work. Anyway, he asked if I could build him "an acoustic that looks like an ES-175". As you know the ES guitars are laminated tops and have heavy bracing, they sound like crap unplugged. He said he would never plug this in (I put a pickup in it anyway). When I was working on it I asked what kind of inlay he wanted on the f/b - told him I could do dots or blocks or just about anything he wanted. He said "can you do skulls?". Squint and look close

68158197-0c4a-4891-867e-f876d23eafbc_zps766f9da2.jpg

One more - most of what I build are acoustics but they are pretty ordinary looking so I won't parade a bunch of pictures. However I did make a tri cone resonator that I'm pretty proud of

Tricone_2.jpg

Welcome. And based on your 24 guitar you only have 6 to go before getting over all yoir mistakes as youve mentioned.

And thanks for sharing above. Some look hawt.

Back