Incredibly specific pet peeves

Their steak gorgonzola is actually pretty tasty. :embarrassed:
You know, I'm perfectly aware that The Olive Garden is in no way a high quality dining establishment. However, I will destroy a Tour of Italy, a pile of breadsticks, and more salad that you can shake a fork at. (And yes, I know I ended a sentence with a preposition--it's an idiom!)
 
You know, I'm perfectly aware that The Olive Garden is in no way a high quality dining establishment. However, I will destroy a Tour of Italy, a pile of breadsticks, and more salad that you can shake a fork at. (And yes, I know I ended a sentence with a preposition--it's an idiom!)

That is no way with which to prove your point.
 
Womens' salons, usually in rural areas, that have bad play-on-words names.
For example:

The Mane Attraction
Curl Up And Dye
A Cut Above
Sugar to Spice tanning salon
Etc

I guess its not a pet peve actually...but I cant help giving a giant :rolleyes: whenever I see one
The worst one I've seen: Shear Lock Combs.
 
My biggest pet peeve is when people "huh" or "what" but they actually heard you, it's their default automated response similar to the "um pause when they speak although that one doesn't bother me so much as the "what".

When my boss says "yes or no ..... It's a simple yes or no answer, that's all " When in fact usually it ISN'T a simple yes or no, usually their is a qualifier involved :mad:

Lifted 2wd trucks. You ain't fooling anyone, I don't care how tall you are....if you don't have gear reduction and extra traction you ain't going anywhere other than to the mall :mad:
 
Apostrophe Abuse
apostrophe.jpg
 
people who constantly text or are always engaged with their cellphone.


casheirs at the grocery store who want to engage in small talk, just ring me up and let me go.
 
:mad:

Lifted 2wd trucks. You ain't fooling anyone, I don't care how tall you are....if you don't have gear reduction and extra traction you ain't going anywhere other than to the mall :mad:

Lowered trucks are even worse.
.....so you drive a vehicle with a small passenger compartment so that you can haul stuff...and then you modify it so you cant actually haul stuff
 
Lifted 2wd trucks. You ain't fooling anyone, I don't care how tall you are....if you don't have gear reduction and extra traction you ain't going anywhere other than to the mall :mad:

While I certainly don't condone lifted 2wd trucks, I'd say with a lifted 2wd and locked dif, you'd get most places a stock 4wd would.
 
Being asked a bunch of bullshit up-sell questions at the checkout. The rule should be that you get one question. If the answer is "no," then STFU and don't ask any more questions.
For example, if I don't have a frequent buyer card, it's safe to assume that I don't want to sign up for one. Nor do I want a store credit card, the purchase protection plan, a barrage of emails, to donate to your store's charity, or to give you my mailing address.

I want to exchange currency for goods and services. And I wish to do so with an minimum of bullshittery. End of conversation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OGG
Lowered trucks are even worse.
.....so you drive a vehicle with a small passenger compartment so that you can haul stuff...and then you modify it so you cant actually haul stuff
What's even worse is the methods some less-than-skilled DIYers use to lower them. You never know, so when you see one, stay the hell away.
 
OK, how's this?
Her and I went to the store. WRONG! She and I went to the goddamn store!
He gave it to him and I. WRONG! He gave it to him and goddamn me!
It's between she and I. No it goddamn well isn't! It's between her and me, goddamn it!
You performed that task real quick. Nuh uh! You performed it really goddamn quickly.

Is goddamn REALLY one word?
 
Being asked a bunch of bullshit up-sell questions at the checkout. The rule should be that you get one question. If the answer is "no," then STFU and don't ask any more questions.
For example, if I don't have a frequent buyer card, it's safe to assume that I don't want to sign up for one. Nor do I want a store credit card, the purchase protection plan, a barrage of emails, to donate to your store's charity, or to give you my mailing address.

I want to exchange currency for goods and services. And I wish to do so with an minimum of bullshittery. End of conversation.

I hear ya. Sports Authority/Under Armour is/are seriously close to a punch in the taint.
 
Back
Top