dodgechargerfan

CanadianGary
Administrator
REVV Tilt, the Shawn Tubbs Signature pedal.

REVV_Tilt.png

The demos that are out sound crazy good.
REVV did a live stream last week to announce it and had a dozen players test it out, most for the first time.
It's hard to make it sound bad, but what I found interesting is that there were many different styles of players and they all sounded great but different.

I got one of the hand-signed units right from Shawn's Shopify.
Tilt Overdrive – ShawnTubbsMusic
(NOT an affiliate link. Just sharing)
They're available from a lot of the usual suspects including Sweetwater, if you don't care about the hand-signed thing.

The live stream tonight was Shawn and Derek going over the reviews that have hit the interwebs in the last week and answering any questions.
That made me pull the trigger even though I was pretty much set on getting one soon.

Instantly useful!

The REVV Tilt arrived today and I put it in front of my G120 and plugged in my Reverend Jetstream 290.
I’ve had a time with this guitar and the G120 having to dial things a lot more compared to other guitars to get a good tone. It’s kinda muddy sounding. I can get a great tone out of the amp with some tweaking but it’s a lot of tweaking compared to other guitars.
But it’s my favourite guitar to play.

The tilt EQ on the boost side allows me to dial in more useful tones with one knob.
Then the overdrive just adds a ton of fun on top.

I didn’t get much further with exploring the Tilt because I was having too much fun.

I COULD dial in a preset and assign it to a MIDI patch, but then I’d have to set up a MIDI rig and learn to use it. :P

92611220-3318-476D-B2D1-22BCB0D6A8A1.jpeg

09B40BE9-C77B-42A2-B1EA-23E47213EFD1.jpeg

REVV Tilt, the Shawn Tubbs Signature pedal.

View attachment 74694

The demos that are out sound crazy good.
REVV did a live stream last week to announce it and had a dozen players test it out, most for the first time.
It's hard to make it sound bad, but what I found interesting is that there were many different styles of players and they all sounded great but different.

I got one of the hand-signed units right from Shawn's Shopify.
Tilt Overdrive – ShawnTubbsMusic
(NOT an affiliate link. Just sharing)
They're available from a lot of the usual suspects including Sweetwater, if you don't care about the hand-signed thing.

The live stream tonight was Shawn and Derek going over the reviews that have hit the interwebs in the last week and answering any questions.
That made me pull the trigger even though I was pretty much set on getting one soon.
Ah. Revv was right across the aisle from where Rev (@reverend1 ) was working the Railhammer booth and I forgot to go check this out. I also missed out on the free hats. :(

Wow, I just watched the demo video on Sweetwater and that is one great sounding paddle! Can you use the boost independent of the overdrive?

Alright I got one incoming. @dodgechargerfan still digging yours?
Yep!

The drive stacks well with all of the channels on my amp, but the real kicker for me is that I can switch guitars and dial in a decent sound with the tilt EQ knob and the switch.
As Shawn says all of the time, it’s about workflow. I get what he means from a session guy perspective. For me, it’s just easy.
It’s inspirational because I’m finding some tones that make me play different things.

Sounds good in the demos, and the features on the boost side look interesting (had to watch Shawn's video to understand what they actually do).

Back