I'm going to have to try this on my bigger board...

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 5.57.07 AM.png

These cable tie combs have been all the rage on Reddit the past couple weeks...

These cable tie combs have been all the rage on Reddit the past couple weeks...
That's funny. We used to do something similar with CAT5 and CAT3 under desks 20 years ago. What's old is new again, I guess.
But as someone said, unless you leave it in place for a long time, it's not worth the hassle.

i have accepted the hornets nest under my board. at least it looks fairly neat on top. good idea though for the more ocd members.

That's funny. We used to do something similar with CAT5 and CAT3 under desks 20 years ago. What's old is new again, I guess.
But as someone said, unless you leave it in place for a long time, it's not worth the hassle.
Those look like ethernet cables to me.

If your chain stays roughly the same and you only swap out similar sized pedals, it might not be a bad idea. But I only have one cable and power under the board.

Since my pedals rarely leave the music room my big ol homemade board and general floor area is a tangled mess of 1Spots, adapters, and power strips.
I'm always experimenting and nothing is permanent. As soon as I get everything nice and neat I want to change something.
If I do play out I have a scaled down version with 2 or 3 pedals that I carry in an old briefcase.

Back