Forum Biz I'm considering doing an online guitar class....rock lead and/or rhythm guitar....

I was thinking of running two sessions if I could get enough people. The reality is that some folks are weekday people and some are weekend people depending on their lifestyles....thats how it works in our studio at least so I figure it would be the same online, too :)

That would be great! It would also be great if the classes tracked one another so a guy could get to the one that worked for him that week. But I realize that might not always be realistic depending on the pace of the respective classes.

That would be great! It would also be great if the classes tracked one another so a guy could get to the one that worked for him that week. But I realize that might not always be realistic depending on the pace of the respective classes.

Thats what I was thinking. Also, Skype can do up to 10 people but I'm not sure if my connection can do more that 5 at a time so I need to try and keep a schedule. Perhaps we'll do a dry run this week to see how the video part works with the current version of Skype. I haven't used it like this before.

Saturdays or weekdays is fine with me... The only issue I will have is that I'm in escrow on a home, so the move may interfere...

Perhaps we'll do a dry run this week to see how the video part works with the current version of Skype. I haven't used it like this before.

Sounds good. Let me know and I will try to be there. Tues may not work this week. Once ski season starts, Sat. will be out for sure, as I will be coaching then.

I'd be interested depending on the level of instruction.
Anything is a plus for me, but I don't want to jump into the deep end.
I'll wait til you post your game plan on Monday.

Awesome! So, the very first week we're gonna learn high speed sweep picking, and then two hand tapping the following week?

:tongue:

i had a student ask me last week if we could learn tapping. guy can't identify basic intervals, but he wants to learn to tap. yeah

Sounds like I would have been as a hyper teenager... What do you mean you can't teach me my favorite song by Dream Theater on my first lesson ever?!

LOL!!!! I have to study up to keep up with youze guys. I am still kinda newby after only 5 years!

That statement did sound like I was trying to be the "Hermione of guitar class" though.

:lol: Well, I have 25 more years than you attempting to rock, but I sure don't have 25 more years of actual knowledge or ability!

Back