I'm a rebel...

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
...so ......today i basically got kicked out of the emissions testing facility :annoyed: I've been taking cars down since 1993....longer than many of the workers there have been alive *spits* anyway the vehicle I took was a p.o.s run down 1973 International Scout :rawk: I'm waiting in line and finaly get in the testing bay with one car in front of me. I'm sitting there idling away as per usual (like always since 1993) and the nancy boi (he had a fancy boy quilted jacket as a work jacket....i suspect he also drove a Prius) runing that bay makes a "turn the ignition switch off" motion :wtf: I yell to him "why" and he comes over all atitude and says "because it stinks dude" I tell him flat out "no I'm not turning it off BECAUSE ity will load up the hc's and I will fail the test"...he gets all huffy puffy and says "fine, we'll all breathe it in " so i says yeah, not a problem" :shrug:

So he goes back to testing the car in front of me but shooting me the stink eye :embarrassed: so i give him the shoulder shrug. Soon the manager walks by (he had already been by and never had a problem with me idling the car). the nancy boy point to my 73 Scout and says "he leaking" panic0so I tell the manager, "yeah it's just a water leak. The manager says "you're welcome to put it in Park (he never asked me to shut if off) and take a look. I crawled under and ran my hand through it , sniffed and showed him "it's only water"...then he said "well we can't test you if you're leaking :wtf :.....
giphy.gif

So they refused to test me and I basically burnt rubber on the Nancy boy (in truth he looked likle the dude from Counting Crows crossed with your run of the mill String Cheese Incident fan...a poofy hair dredlock pnytailed hippy wanna be)...

TL/DR After driving back to the shop I then drove across town in the opposite direction to the southside station (the hispanic side) and they were nice as hell. the dude was all friendly (never asked me to turn it off and certainly never said anything about a leak) he even wished me good luck on the test (which it passed anyway with flying colors (75 HC's and yer allowed 300 on the old ones and 2.57 on the CO's and yer allowed 5.0) so there you go I am officially a rebel now. I have been kicked out (basically) of a state run emissions testing facility :smug:

So now “the Man” has been reduced to a “Nancy Boi” but yet wields the same power? What is this world coming to?

Back