I'll Never Eat Bacon Again..

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
Well I know I will but I just for the first time in my life,ate pork bellies..
Where has it been all of my life...

Side note,in a few hours I'm going to a great steakhouse to celebrate my baby sisters birthday with a slew of relatives.. I doubt they'll have the hockey games on which begin @ 1:30 my time...Chances are they don't have NHL Center Ice anyway...Shit..Hmmm.....

Umm... Bacon is smoked pork belly... So you can't stop eating bacon because you discovered pork belly... Cuz you've already been eating it.

Now, if you said you were going to stop eating the crap that Oscar Meyer calls bacon, OK, I'm with you.

That clip is from episode 1307, "Another Man Food Show: Breakfast", which will further teach you about good bacon if you watch the entire episode.

The clip is not available in my country and thanks for taking an interest and replying..

I knew that they both came from the belly. Just really enjoyed the natural flavor..

Agreed... My wife eats that stuff... Meh... Ironically, it's not really any healthier for you. The particular fats in bacon are good for you. Just make sure you get it without nitrates and nitrites.
I hear ya...Actually the best bacon I've ever had was given to me twice by a dude friend of an ex girlfriend of mine about two years ago. He prepares his own pigs from ground to table..

Real bacon comes from turkeys.
SMALL___Blasphemy___Shelly.jpg

Agreed... My wife eats that stuff... Meh... Ironically, it's not really any healthier for you. The particular fats in bacon are good for you. Just make sure you get it without nitrates and nitrites.

I love me some bacon. I really want to believe, but you're gonna have to convince me that bacon fat is in any way good for you.

I love me some bacon. I really want to believe, but you're gonna have to convince me that bacon fat is in any way good for you.
Bacon fat has many essential ingredients necessary to maintaining a shiny and healthy coat.

It also releases endorphins that foster a sense of tranquility and well being that is essential to ensuring a longer and happier life.

Today's retirement lunch for a cow-orker at McCormick and Schmick's had bacon wrapped shrimp as part of the appetizer. It was as close to non-sexual heaven as I've been in a long time.
l.jpg

"While people over the years have mistakenly made jokes about bacon being a leading contributor to heart disease, actually there are in fact several studies that show that the Omega-3 Fatty Acids and “choline” found in bacon can actually protect the heart from developing detrimental problems, as well as actually help HEAL such anomalies, after they have occurred!

Unlike the Omega-3 Fatty Acids supplements derived from fish sources, the ones that come from bacon aren’t chock full of poisonous mercury, like most of the popular fish oil versions are. So bacon Omega-3’s can not only help prevent heart disease, as well as lower your cholesterol, reduce inflammation and improve circulation, but also help you to avoid mercury and other toxic poisons being regularly spewed into our planet’s oceans."

That's the quote/ The only thing I don't like about it is that it's spits all over fish-sourced fat by throwing in the mercury scare. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter in this context. The positive statement about bacon should stand on it's own merit. I left it in there to be fair and open.

Today's retirement lunch for a cow-orker at McCormick and Schmick's had bacon wrapped shrimp as part of the appetizer. It was as close to non-sexual heaven as I've been in a long time.
l.jpg

I couldn't even eat THAT shrimp.

I have a problem with certain textures in food and I have never been able to deal well with shrimp. The taste is okay, but the texture causes a struggle to keep my gag reflex in check.

I couldn't even eat THAT shrimp.

I have a problem with certain textures in food and I have never been able to deal well with shrimp. The taste is okay, but the texture causes a struggle to keep my gag reflex in check.

I wasn't expecting it to taste all that good but was dead wrong. The outer inner texture was firm yet yielding, and the inner was perfectly cooked and juicy.

Back