I need a new looper. Which one?

My RC20XL died, and I need a new one. I honestly didn't use my RC20 that much in the last few years, and used it mostly to record or import backing tracks to play over. Would like to get a little better at looping, but still would like to be able to record and/or import backing tracks. Hoping to keep it under a couple hundred bucks, or even lower. I do have a simple little looper in the M9. And that can work for simple jam tracks on the fly, but I don't think you can save loops or tracks.

If you liked the 20, the 30 is just as intuitive. I sold mine, with box, for $200 earlier this year. So look out for good deals on Reverb. Otherwise, I would look at the EHX 720.

If you liked the 20, the 30 is just as intuitive. I sold mine, with box, for $200 earlier this year. So look out for good deals on Reverb. Otherwise, I would look at the EHX 720.
And is there a reason not to go with the RC-3 over the 30? or in other words, what is the practical advantage?

I read more and think I would just stick with the boss and just need to figure out which one, ie, what is the practical advantage of the 30 for me.

That depends on how much you use the second pedal and whether you want to have that on the unit, or if you want to add one. On the 30, adding a momentary pedal gives you a third function.

I picked up an RC-3 used for about $90. I find it to be a really useful tool with tons of features, and I like that it has some built in rhythm patterns, too. One aspect that I don't like about it is the need to double-click to stop recording. It's not my favorite "feature" of this pedal, but it just takes some practice to master. I think Boss makes a standalone switch (about $30) you can use that eliminates the double-click issue.

Back