I love my giant pedalboard and all but...

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 2.14.50 PM.png

That’s just silly. Donna Grantis doesn’t even use that many pedals. Takeshi and Wata of Boris don’t use that many pedals combined, even when Wata brings out all the Space Echo units.

It seems to me that much programming would take too much time away from actually playing the guitar.

I'm in the market for a Mobius...that thing will replace 3-4 pedals easily.
It has for me. They demonstrated on That Pedal Show that the sounds in the Möbius aren't quite as good as an actual Electric Mistress or Phase 90 or whatever they are patterned after but i you're like me and you only use that sound a couple of times a night then its a great solution to having one of everything. The only pedal on my board that duplicates a Mobius sound is a hand wired custom shop Phase 90, because I use that sound a lot and this (to me) is the best version of that effect that I can find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems to me that much programming would take too much time away from actually playing the guitar.
Yep.

I'll be honest about my pedalboard, which is also asked around an ES-8 switching system. I have 8 sounds set up that get me through the night. Some are combinations that would be a drag to hit on the fly. I have another bank of sounds that I occasionally use and that's it. At some point unless you are doing a very complicated show where you have each song as a bank on the switcher or something along those lines it gets to be too much to fuck with on the fly. And since my main gig doesn't even have set lists for 50-60 songs a night its not worth the hassle. Having the ES-8 HAS made my life easier on stage and there is less fiddling with pedals or accidentally changing sounds as my Godzilla feet accidentally brush knobs and change settings over the course of the night. I've also broken NOTHING this year since I'm not stepping on any pedals directly other than my tuner and the Spark mini.

It has for me. They demonstrated on That Pedal Show that the sounds in the Möbius aren't quite as good as an actual Electric Mistress or Phase 90 or whatever they are patterned after but i you're like me and you only use that sound a couple of times a night then its a great solution to having one of everything. The only pedal on my board that duplicates a Mobius sound is a hand wired custom shop Phase 90, because I use that sound a lot and this (to me) is the best version of that effect that I can find.

That's the idea...I don't need authentic just good

Back