I found that new project I was looking for...

ronsimmonsdamn.gif

Got some primer on the neck. Man, the V profile sure looks sexy, if nothing else.

image.jpg

Getting the neck/headstock transition reshaped was kind of a bitch. Lotta work.

Why does this thing keep rotating pics? I think it does it every time I load one that's in portrait format and not landscape.

I got the paint on. Gotta let it dry a few days before I can polish and clean up all the binding and fretboard.

image.jpg
image.jpg

There it goes flipping my pics again. :embarrassed:

I really like your beefed up area at the back of the headstock were the volute would normally be.

Mega volute meets ultra neck! This week on syfy!

The Vee neck is wicked. I cut it way thinner at the shoulders than on my old Silvertone. My kid says it's a great shredder neck. Lol.
It does seem to play really fast. It feels like a Wizard neck on the edges but the fat center really gives it som substance.

FIFY

And the white is lookin' good.

Thanks. The clear is really pushing it into awesome territory. I can't wait to get it polished.

Mega volute meets ultra neck! This week on syfy!

The Vee neck is wicked. I cut it way thinner at the shoulders than on my old Silvertone. My kid says it's a great shredder neck. Lol.
It does seem to play really fast. It feels like a Wizard neck on the edges but the fat center really gives it som substance.

Thanks. The clear is really pushing it into awesome territory. I can't wait to get it polished.

Volutenado :embarrassed:.

That's some big fretwire. Nice work :).

Volutenado :embarrassed:.

That's some big fretwire. Nice work :).

No, it's quite a but smaller than what I had on there before. Jescar names theirs by size...this is 47095, or .047"x.095". Classified as a medium.

The Fender jumbo that was there before was like 55x106 or something. Way too big for my taste.
Dude, just amazing. You're going to be a full-on luthier pretty soon. Fantastic work.

Thanks. I'm definitely improving. A guy I know here offered me $1,500 to build one just like it for his daughter. I'm thinking about it. Now I've done all the design work on this one and I have the templates made, I think I could make one a lot quicker than this one went. And mahogany or spanish cedar would be a lot easier to work than this friggin walnut was.

Wouldn't it? That tape isn't so blue any more, though. :)
These babies are starting to shine. After sanding level then crowning with a file, I used 400 then 600 grit sand paper to get rid of file gouges, scrapes and chatter. From there, I used 0000 steel wool, then a felt polishing wheel on the Dremel with compound on it. Finally, a hand rub with Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" product. Makes em really glossy, that stuff does.
Right now, I have all of them polished with the Dremel and five polished with Mirror Glaze. So 18-22 are finished and I have 17 more to go in this tedious job.

image.jpg

Back