Hummmmmmmm, I need a cleaner amp sooo what's your recommend?

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
Yeah so I was using a Fender Twin live until a dipshit tech killed it and I sold it off at a massive loss. Yeah it was heavy as hell but it stayed clean. I love the sound of my Deluxe and AC15 at low levels but I don't like how they break up when turned up with the band. Even though it's just a little bit of dirt I prefer a fairly clean signal. I loved the Twin for staying clean while still being loud enough to be heard.

Anyways any recommendations before I just get another Twin? I'm not a Marshall fan, I like Fender and Vox. Open to other suggestions though!

They had a really good condition '68 Custom Twin Reverb at Atomic Music last weekend. I didn't try it out, but I did try to lift it. I think it weighs as much as I do. :grin:

What about a '68 Custom Virborlux? 2-6l6's should give you some headroom and be a little more manageable than a Twin. I've never tried one though.

They had a really good condition '68 Custom Twin Reverb at Atomic Music last weekend. I didn't try it out, but I did try to lift it. I think it weighs as much as I do. :grin:

What about a '68 Custom Virborlux? 2-6l6's should give you some headroom and be a little more manageable than a Twin. I've never tried one though.
Yeah my Twin weighed a fucking ton but I loved the way it sounded. If it winds up that I can't get close to that sound from anything else I don't mind carrying one around.

I'll check out the Vibrolux, sounds interesting!

Everyone knows my answer, but if you insist on toobz , AC15 is the king
I have a British made AC15 from the early 2000s and while it sounds fantastic it breaks up too soon for me. Maybe it just needs new tubes.

toneblock200web.png

Blackface-Tremolux-Front.jpg

http://www.mojotone.com/Cabinets_x/...ackface-Tremolux-Style-2x10-Extension-Cabinet

I have a British made AC15 from the early 2000s and while it sounds fantastic it breaks up too soon for me. Maybe it just needs new tubes.
It needs better speakers. There's a few guys here that know the magic formula, but I believe Greenbacks were the golden child choice.

Think of the brutally shimmering clean tones The Edge gets from an AC 30... the 15 is just as capable if not as loud.

Very interesting. I also had a 59 Bassman reissue that I liked a lot. I've never played through a 63 style one, though. Maybe @RyanNo3 can build me one.
Do you need loud, too?

Is 15W to maybe 20W good?

I built this:

SCAMP.jpg

Specs and audio samples are here:
https://www.trinityamps.com/product/trinity-tramp/

I have a Jensen 10" speaker in it with a neodymium magnet and it's very very "chimey".
You can grit things up with the dials on the amp too.

It needs better speakers. There's a few guys here that know the magic formula, but I believe Greenbacks were the golden child choice.

Think of the brutally shimmering clean tones The Edge gets from an AC 30... the 15 is just as capable if not as loud.

not the greenback, the blue. Not that I have used it, but the blue is the one that is in the upgraded version of the amp.

Reactions: OGG
Mine is the 2x10 version, it has the original Vox England speakers in it. They're not Celestion Blues, not sure exactly what they are.

They're not the shitty Wharfedales that came in the first line of Chinese reissues either, I know that much. They have bulldogs on them.

Mine is the 2x10 version, it has the original Vox England speakers in it. They're not Celestion Blues, not sure exactly what they are.

I was looking into the AC10 over the holidays and everyone was raving about putting in the Weber Blue dog 10" in there. Said it made the amp amazing.

Back