Hotel California

I posted this a couple of months ago. Everybody lambasted her and said it was crap playing idn_smilie

I have an unreasoning hatred of people who can fingerpick with more than one finger, but given that it was nice!

Reactions: OGG
image.jpeg

I posted this a couple of months ago. Everybody lambasted her and said it was crap playing idn_smilie

Did they?

I think her playing is fine, but uninspired. Her performance was relatively non-dynamic, despite its solid execution.

It would get more likes if she had boobs hanging over the guitar. :embarrassed:

I found it technically good, but not engaging.

Her timekeeping is rough at the beginning, but it gets a lot better when she speeds up. There are a couple cringeworthy chord changes in there. I’m not sure if she made mistakes or if they’re just something I only notice when it’s being played solo.

There's this clip, with her sexuality being a bit more on display and arguably more umph. Also, Tommy's there too...so that helps.

I enjoyed bith videos, but especially the second one with Tommy Emmanuel.

Shows that she can really play well and with energy. Particularly impressive given it's live and with Tommy. I'm guessing Tommy would have hard time playing with someone that wasn't enthusiastic OR his enthusiasm is just to contagious to not get pulled into.

Her timekeeping is rough at the beginning, but it gets a lot better when she speeds up. There are a couple cringeworthy chord changes in there. I’m not sure if she made mistakes or if they’re just something I only notice when it’s being played solo.
While I agree with you about the beginning, I like the spin she puts on the tune with her arrangement(even at the beginning); some might call it timing, others "feel". It's different - I dig it.

Shows that she can really play well and with energy. Particularly impressive given it's live and with Tommy. I'm guessing Tommy would have hard time playing with someone that wasn't enthusiastic OR his enthusiasm is just to contagious to not get pulled into.

His duet album with Chet Atkins was, amazingly, dull as fuck.

Saying that as a big Atkins fan; Tommy's never blown my mind.

I'm guessing she got the spot with Tommy because she was an internet success? Tommy was obviously playing along.
Still, impressive given that she was born in 1997. I have socks older than that.

Back