Hobbies?

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
Besides music/guitar/etc....

(Ganted for a few lucky ones it's a vocation)

I do a lot of stuff but I bounce around from thing to thing a bit.

Mainly fishing and making homemade pizza....does drinking count as a hobby?

Last edited:
I have a 4 month old. And horses.

Used to spend a bit of time with my telescope, cameras, and Warcraft.

I'm an unemployed pastry chef. I also read and write short stories and such.
I write music. And play a ton of video games.
I also love fishing and cycling, building and programming autonomous robot pets, and world history.
Oh I also dabble in phone hacking. Like rooting and roms and such. Pretty much a huge nerd. :grin:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I collect movie memorabilia and such -- mainly from the 50's and 60's. I also collect original animation art -- cels, backgrounds, sketches, layouts, etc -- mainly from what these days would be called old school anime.

And I enjoy playing golf and raising carnivorous plants. And other stuff that I'm not gonna go into here.

Reading, ride mountain bikes, road bikes including fixed gear, occasional surfing, saltwater fishing.
Bird and nature watching plus a bit of gardening.

Last edited:
Read.
Cars. I have the 71 NewYorker going, a restoration project on the go, and another waiting to be done (or sold off).
Building guitar pedals.
Collect shtuff.. MOPAR related shtuff.
I'm sure there are a half dozen other things that I do, too.

I tend to bounce around, too.

Recently started reading comics again, so that takes up much of my free time. I also like watching pro wrestling, playing with my cat, and hiking and climbing everyonce in a while.

Recently started reading comics again, so that takes up much of my free time. I also like watching pro wrestling, playing with my cat, and hiking and climbing everyonce in a while.

Yay! More wrestling fans! Its one of my guilty pleasures so to speak. Since 1980. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I write young adult books. ( KInda a modern view S.E. Hinton style) angel.jpg

I have a 69 Ford F-100 that I have about 2/3ds restored. Rebuilt the engine, trans and rear-end myself. Did a lot of interior work to it. Now it just needs the body work done. That's going to a professional auto artist, since I want the truck to look like a million bucks.

I have 7 fishing poles and 4 tackle boxes. :grin:

I have a pretty nice telescope.

I also enjoy flower gardening, exploring on my son's ATV, and working with my German Shepherd.

I should add my truck onto this but I drive it more than work on it. Can driving an old truck be a hobby?

photography......not the kind with a pocket camera or phone camera.
cooking
mountain biking (when i can find a trail i haven't been on 100 times)
hiking in the woods.....nearly every weekend at some point
drinking (is this a hobby?)
tennis
golf (or in my case.....loosing golf balls)

here's one of my pics. note that it's still in flight, cruising over the leaves. after i got this back home and downloaded and looked at it on the computer screen, it occured to me.....i think i know where they got the idea for the B-2 Bomber :eek:

4325984475_49d0016854_b.jpg

I raise a son, cook, grow veggies, brew beer, judge beer, collect cigars, collect whiskies, collect guitars and like to drive extremely fast or extremely capable (off road) cars & SUV's.

I have loads of 'em... not many that I actively participate in because of lack of money. I consider guitar as a hobby, because I rarely play out and don't have the right discipline to practice.

HO scale model trains.... I absolutely love building realistic models and making realistic scenery to fit it. It's kinda like playing God except that you cannot make the people come to life. One thing I found out from all this modelling is that I got hooked on doing the research, history and figuring out how to execute all the numerous details that make the models look right. The biggest bug to me is what I call phoneyness.... or the lack of plausibility. Compact is often too compact to look the way it should. A perfect example of this is having a small rail siding built going into an even smaller building lot.... the railcar parked on the siding is pretty much bigger than the structure itself.

Astronomy... love this stuff too. Realizing that we can see back into time with our own eyes is mind blowing to say the least. I joined the ATMOB some years ago and learned that I had yet another expensive hobby. I have a 10" telescope mirror I made myself that I have been told is worth about 1200- 1800 bucks IF I could buy it commercially. Alas, I cannot afford to finish the telescope housing that mirror the way I want to.

Cooking.... for me, this a huge part of who I am. I am constantly experimenting with food and different cuisines. Take Japanese for example.... I got totally sick of dropping big money on restaurant sushi. So I learned to make decent stuff on my own. Problem is, I found I only save money if I outlay big bucks buying top quality imported ingredients and stretching those out. I save money buying fresh local seafood and other items. I am not scared to cut up a flounder nor a big lobster destined to become soup, sashimi or a maki roll.

Computer games on the PC... loads of fun when they run the way they are supposed to.

Back