• Transistorized amplifier section for high reliability
  • Master volume, gain, and tone control
  • Headphone jack for quiet practice
  • Carry handle
  • Simulated tweed covering for a vintage look
  • Weighs 12 pounds
There's a demo on the page ... it doesn't sound bad at all. Link

bt20amptweed2.jpg

I saw that this morning. What turned me off was the transistorized power section and it being 4 ohm. There are better options out there.

Every little amp has a 12AX7 preamp these days. That's not a helpful description.

As for the solid state power section, that's probably what will sell these. There are very few hybrids on the market and Orange has shown that a market exists.

Once more down the small, low-wattage bedroom amp rabbit hole?

Funny, I've been using my IRig HD (through headphones or through my Bose Soundlink Color Bluetooth speaker WAY more than any amp lately...

Cheap hybrids abound. I bought some of the Bugera (BC-15?) hybrids a few years back to flip because some place was blowing them out for like $40 bucks apiece. Was going to keep one of them; tried it, and ended up boxing it right back up and selling it, anyway.

FWIW, for even less money you can get that Monoprice ( aka the Laney Cub 8 ) 5-watter, which is basically an "all tube" amp that sounds better.

If I was looking for something like this, I would pony up the extra money and get the Micro Terror and cab. I wouldn't buy any type of electronic gear from them. A guitar, I could mod and fix to where it was ok, an amp, its just not worth it.

Back