Heinz yellow mustard vs French's Yellow mustard

Which yellow mustard do you prefer

• Heinz till I die

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • French's for me

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
1cw4oa.jpg

One mainly sees French's on the shelves here in MI.

But if you go to a picnic, ball game, etc where a large amount is needed, I always see the big containers of Heinz. Probably get them at Gordon's Food Service or something.

French's has a slightly darker yellow tint, almost a Bluebird school bus yellow. Heinz is a lighter more "classic" yellow. If one were to peruse the Crayon colors chart from wikipedia I would say the Heinz is "yellow" and the French's is "middle yellow".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors
Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 5.21.27 PM.png

Taste wise the Heinz has more of a foreward placementwith the top notes being most dominant whereas the french's has more of a delayed zest, perhaps more middle or base notes.
Aesthetic wise their is a clear advantage to the Heinz bottle, from the understated classic label which projects a minimalistic and timeless quality....nothing flashy, nothing eye grabbing, it is what it is and it's unclettered and confident. It's states everything you need to know in a heiarchial continuity....The brand(Heinz)>the style (yellow mustard). a descriptive (100 percent natural)
French's seems to be a bit "busy" There is the eye grabbing Flag waving for your attention with the brand name then their is the style (Yellow mustard) but from there continuity is lost and it's a free for all...#1 grade etc....too busy and scatterbrained.

IMG_0331.JPG

Yellow mustard? I always bought French's, so that's what I voted for. But Heinz is probably more common at the places I buy hot dogs and I can't say I've ever thought about it.

Yellow mustard for hot dogs and fried bologna sandwiches, I use spicy for everything else...Gulden's, Zatarin's, etc., I have a bunch.

Back