Guitar and music gear swap meet

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
I have a bunch of things I'd like to sell, so I paid $30 for a table at a market/swap meet in West Hartford, CT this weekend. It will be an interesting experience, I am sure. I would prefer to sell this stuff, but who knows? Maybe a good trade will be offered for some of it.

I have a ton of stuff to put up for sale right now. too bad I'm nowhere near there. I'm going with Reverb.

I hope it is indoors.

Craigslist is exactly $30 less, with likely similar results.
Yeah, I have had one item on Craigslist for months with no inquiries other than scams. This is indoors, and I figure it will keep me busy for a few hours. :grin:

I have a ton of stuff to put up for sale right now. too bad I'm nowhere near there. I'm going with Reverb.
Have you ever sold on Reverb and if so how is the experience? The reason I'm asking is I will be acquiring all my brothers guitar stuff. You may or may not have seen me mention in threads but he died last year and now his ex wife has moved out of town (messy divorice/what not) so she is transferring the storage unit to me and I need to empty it out by the 31st of this month. It's a 10x9 unit and climate controlled which means it's gonna have all his guitar stuff (beyond that i don't know) and he had a lot, like 8 or 9 guitars and several amps including a bass. So Ill be looking to sell 90 percent of it. I did take a lot of my gear to a local place during the summer and got a fair price so I might just do that again but If I can sell on Reverb perhaps and get more? just wondering how it is to ship a guitar etc?

Have you ever sold on Reverb and if so how is the experience? The reason I'm asking is I will be acquiring all my brothers guitar stuff. You may or may not have seen me mention in threads but he died last year and now his ex wife has moved out of town (messy divorice/what not) so she is transferring the storage unit to me and I need to empty it out by the 31st of this month. It's a 10x9 unit and climate controlled which means it's gonna have all his guitar stuff (beyond that i don't know) and he had a lot, like 8 or 9 guitars and several amps including a bass. So Ill be looking to sell 90 percent of it. I did take a lot of my gear to a local place during the summer and got a fair price so I might just do that again but If I can sell on Reverb perhaps and get more? just wondering how it is to ship a guitar etc?

No haven't sold on Reverb before, bought but not sold. And sorry the hear about your brother. I used to sell on Ebay and craigslist occasionally. But now I'm trying to get rid of a good amount of vintage gear at vintage prices (but competitive). So I think I want to use Reverb, they have a good system for taking credit card payments. I don't want to get double fees by Reverb and PayPal. I am also calling shipping/packing services to get quotes as I don't want to go dumpster diving at Guitar Center again to get guitar/amp boxes. I have a 1970 Hiwatt DR103 head I am selling and noticed all of the other vintage Hiwatt head sellers on Reverb state a $250 shipping cost. So I guess that's the going rate, but I need to make sure local shipping services can do it for that much or less in the US. I'll let you know how it goes if I get it all set up this weekend. Guitars, amps, keyboards, samplers, pedals.

No haven't sold on Reverb before, bought but not sold. And sorry the hear about your brother. I used to sell on Ebay and craigslist occasionally. But now I'm trying to get rid of a good amount of vintage gear at vintage prices (but competitive). So I think I want to use Reverb, they have a good system for taking credit card payments. I don't want to get double fees by Reverb and PayPal. I am also calling shipping/packing services to get quotes as I don't want to go dumpster diving at Guitar Center again to get guitar/amp boxes. I have a 1970 Hiwatt DR103 head I am selling and noticed all of the other vintage Hiwatt head sellers on Reverb state a $250 shipping cost. So I guess that's the going rate, but I need to make sure local shipping services can do it for that much or less in the US. I'll let you know how it goes if I get it all set up this weekend. Guitars, amps, keyboards, samplers, pedals.
Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Well, I am here. I have realistic expectations, I believe. Mostly I figure I'll meet some interesting people.
47439673-15044761596224358_origin.png

I think if something is rare enough it can still get good money but I have an ESP/LTD H-1000 on Reverb. They are $1150 Canadian new... case is another $200. I had a slightly over reasonable price on it. All I got was a lowball. A real lowball... $380 or something. It goes without saying that I did not accept the offer.

Reverb has, in some ways, become kijiji/craigslist.

I made more money than I spent, but didn't sell either big-ticket item I had with me. Not a bad experience, but not one I'm ready to repeat.

I did fall in love with a Taylor GS mini acoustic bass guitar. It would be perfect for studio use; Carol might even be able to play it. :grin:

Back