Google Chrome Install Plug-in message...

paulskirocks

Blue Zone Compliant
OK, I'm pretty happy with Google Chrome, except that on every page on MWGL.com, an annoying yellow pop down message shows up telling me to install plug-in... If I click it, the yellow message goes away, but comes right back every time I change a page... I checked in options, and all my plugins are up to date...

Anyone know anything about this, and how to stop the annoying yellow pop down that keeps showing up?

The damn thing doesn't tell you! If I click the problems-installing button, it takes me to a help page where it talks about windows media player plugin, and java, both of which are setup fine, that I can see...

:shrug:

chrome runs fine for me. i even have an additional pop-up blocker plug in to help speed things along.

Yay, i found someone with an answer that worked... I had to remove the Skype extension... All is well in Chromeland...

huh. i wonder what that was doing to the page.

Beats me... I suppose I could ask my friend that works at Google, but I don't really care... I didn't need that extension, anyways, although the person that said it was the problem also said it could be remedied by updating to the latest version on the Skype website...

It's all magic to me... Dammit, Jim, I'm just an electrician, not a computer programmer...

Computers suck.
Trust me, I know.

It ain't magic at all. It's zeros and ones, on and off. Nothing but a big, glorified calculator. It just does it really, really, really fast.

I was actually a computer tech from 1982 to 1984, and then I decided that the corporate world wan't for me, and I walked away from the industry... I thought computers sucked back then, even... So much for my smooth move, and here i am today... Oh well... I had a lot of fun not amounting to anything!

Back