Help! Good 12" speaker for Micro Terror

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I have a small used 1-12 closed back cab with an older cheap-budget Celestion in it. Roughly 16.5"x15"x10.5".
Don't remember the speaker model # but it's an older discontinued budget speaker, similar in price range to the current Rocket 50.
I find it a bit harsh. Sounds ok with heavy distortion but kinda brittle when clean an loud.

Would like to replace it with something warmer, smoother cleans, but still breaks up nicely with a bit of gain.
I'm guessing the MT prefers 8 ohms. MT is 20w so I'm guessing 35-50w power handling. Nothing super efficient or super clean. Budget is $100-150.

The music I play is old school, nothing modern or high gain.
What would be your choice in this application? Will consider pretty much any brand, Emm, Clest, Weber, Warehouse, etc.

some guys i know love the webers and tone tubbys. i can't give advice on them, cuz i haven't actually used them myself. the speakers i use wouldn't be what you're looking for. (i use almost exclusively EVM-12L's)

50w Weber Blue Dog looks good.
So does the WGS Reaper HP 50w
So Does the Emminence Cannibis Rex, tho not sure hoe it would do in the small sealed cab.

I've got two 1X12 extension cabs, one open back, one closed back, both sporting C-Rex speakers. Great sounding very efficient speakers that are noted for their ability to tame "ice pick" highs while still giving a bit more volume than most lower end +- 90 db speakers. Whether open back or closed they sound damn good. I'm using these primarily with an SCXD/Tele combination and liking it a lot.

Back