Hot or Not? Glacier Blue edition

I actually kinda like the finish, honestly. I also like the maple board.

I hate the birds. I hate the gold. I hate the pickup arrangement. I hate the back. I hate the finished neck.

so much hate in your life. Open your heart a little and you will feel the happier for it :wink:

PRS :cop:

I like the look of these. No experience with the 513 pickups :shrug:

b64223f634ec9386b64481bbe88a34bb.jpg
Now, I like blingy PRS finishes. Some of them are absolutely stunning.

This one has stunning elements that look like they got mixed up.

Why finish the back of the neck in a color without finishing the back of the body? The back of the body looks like raw wood and the back of the neck looks like glossy flamed beauty.

I'm not even opposed to the fact that the back of the body is natural, but the back of the neck should have been left natural, too.

I want a 513 very badly but they're just too darn expensive. I've played a few and love the feel and sound. Not too long ago, I was at a festival and the band sounded great. The lead player kept switching guitars, Teles, Strats, Les Pauls. He sounded good (good player too). I never got a look at the stage until my son finally fell asleep. The guy was playing a 513 and didn't have any other guitars on stage. he got all those great tones out of the 513 @Dogsinotpalc !! That boosted my 513 GAS.

The OP body finish looks cool but doesn't look right to me with a maple board. Might look better with a rosewood board.

Last edited:
I want a 513 very badly but they're just too darn expensive. I've played a few and love the feel and sound. Not too long ago, I was at a festival and the band sounded great. The lead player kept switching guitars, Teles, Strats, Les Pauls. He sounded good (good player too). I never got a look at the stage until my son finally fell asleep. The guy was playing a 513 and didn't have any other guitars on stage. That boosted my 513 GAS.

The OP body finish looks cool but doesn't look right to me with a maple board. Might look better with a rosewood board.

Confusing anecdote is confusing.

You're saying it sounded like he was switch between the various guitars, but it turned out he wasn't? Just trying to get a handle on this. :thu:

Confusing anecdote is confusing.

You're saying it sounded like he was switch between the various guitars, but it turned out he wasn't? Just trying to get a handle on this. :thu:

yeah, sorry. haven't slept in 3 days (sick kid, sick wife, now i'm sick, someone club me with that 513)

Back