Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings cover Johnny Cash.

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...s-hear-gillian-welchs-poignant-track-20140819

Half a century later, all it takes is a glance at the latest Ferguson-related headlines to know that discrimination is still alive in America. That's why the timing couldn't be better for a record like Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears Revisited, a tribute album that reinterprets Cash's original tracklist for a different generation. Americana heavyweights like Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Gillian Welch, Dave Rawlings, Steve Earle, and Norman and Nancy Blake all contribute to the album, which hits stores today. The Milk Carton Kids and the Carolina Chocolate Drops' Rhiannon Giddens make appearances, too, representing the newer crop of diverse, guitar-toting folkies who've found influence in Cash's lesser-known material.

I couldn't get it to embed, but the Sound Cloud player is in the link. :)

Reactions: Tig
Gil and Dave do great at everything. I've yet to hear anything they've tackled and not have been into it.

Reactions: Tig
Ordered yesterday. The CD should arrive Thursday. I tend to buy CD's instead of just downloads for albums I know will be in rotation for a long time.

Back