duazcbn3dbpn2adzkhlx.jpg

vatuiwvhqtqibgvj9qir.jpg

zgemehw3jzciufdntuf9.jpg

gwjgcbvxrwdz5glm9nhi.jpg

oiz51pmake0fcksjd4q6.jpg

kwlunsuqd6fjr6y3bj1q.jpg

Summary

Body: Maple

Neck: Mahogany neck and bound rosewood fingerboard with split parallelogram inlays

Pickups/Hardware: Two single coil pickups, three-way pickup selector switch, independent volume and tone controls

Cosmetic Condition: For it's age, the body is in fantastic shape. As is expected with guitars this old, there is checking throughout the finish but it gives the guitar a great look. The body itself is very clean, with only some small dings and scratches near the tailpiece and on the cutaway. The sides have a few cracks in the finish but overall the body is structurally sound. The neck also has checking lines throughout but no major dings or scratches, just some moderate wear. The fretboard is clean and gorgeous and the headstock only has some dings along the sides. Overall, this is a fantastic vintage ES-295!

Playability: The strings are at a medium-low height, play like a dream, and fret clearly across the board.

Modifications: The pick guard has been replaced with a Gibson guard of the same era that was meant for 3-Pickup guitar. The Kluson tuners have been replaced with nickel as opposed to the original gold hardware. It seems the original owner was not fond of the gold hardware and may have rubbed most of it off. You can see remnants of it in the harder to reach areas of the guitar, such as the tuner grommets and the feet of the tailpiece. All electronics are original.

Weight: 6lbs 6oz

Case: Original hardshell

Product Specs
Condition:
Very good
Make:
Gibson
Model:
ES-295
Finish:
Sunburst
Categories:
Vintage (pre-1980), Hollow Body

it's beautiful, and i'd try it out if i saw it. but i wouldn't buy it. i owned a nice old ES-175D for a while, but it wasn't really my thing so it didn't get a whole lot of playing time.

I've never been a fan of the Florentine cutaway. Call me shallow, but it turns me off enough to not even consider the guitar.

Fucking terrible.

I'm with Help! on this one.

It really is not in that good-a-shape to warrant that kind of price.

No fucking way.

Maybe for $1200 or something, but no fucking way would I pay even NEAR that much for that guitar.

No Way, no How, now WAAAAAY, JOSE!

$7,000 for a meh guitar because it’s old and has a Gibson logo on it? Nope. I could get an excellent new guitar built for that price. Or better yet, a great new MIJ Ibanez and a nice new amp.

Back