GAS Attack - I lost the battle!

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Recent changes in my writing have me really wanting one of these:
Danelectro-12SDC.jpg

The best part is that they are priced to make it feasible. Might be my Christmas present to myself. :love:

I have a real dislike for Danos — I’ve just never bonded with them. However, if you do get one, I hope it works well for you.

I really like that- Must be one of the best deals around for the money, for an electric 12 string.

If you're thinking of alternative 12-strings in the same ballpark, I'd strongly suggest looking at recent Ibanez MIC hollowbody 12-strings. I have one that is much nicer than it should be, and it's a solid and good sounding guitar. Ran me about $350 new.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ibanez-artcore-as7312-12-string-semi-hollow-electric-guitar

I looked at those and didn't like the 6 saddle bridge for a 12 string guitar. The Dano has individually adjustable saddles for each string.

I can be picky about set up, but really don't mind the lack of individual string saddles. I think Ibanez does a good job not messing up the nuts / bridges / etc. on <$500 guitars.

It also sounded MUCH better than I expected through EL84's.

Nothing against Dano's; I've often come close to pulling the trigger on one of these. My problem is that I almost always find something on them that annoys me (e.g,. something made of plastic that either looks crap or feels destined to break; a really badly cut nut) that gets in the way. I think that Ibanez uses nicer hardware on cheap guitars.

I can be picky about set up, but really don't mind the lack of individual string saddles. I think Ibanez does a good job not messing up the nuts / bridges / etc. on <$500 guitars.

It also sounded MUCH better than I expected through EL84's.

Nothing against Dano's; I've often come close to pulling the trigger on one of these. My problem is that I almost always find something on them that annoys me (e.g,. something made of plastic that either looks crap or feels destined to break; a really badly cut nut) that gets in the way. I think that Ibanez uses nicer hardware on cheap guitars.

For me, it's all about intonation. And you'll always make a compromise with non-adjustable (or partially adjustable in this case) saddles. I do like the Artcore series though. I just really liked my Dano 12.

Back