Formula 1 2015 Discussion

I missed most of the race due to a bike ride. I hoped that they were going to replay in the afternoon but nope. And what I watched was in Spanish so I had no clue what was going on. I had hoped for Williams to win as they were leading when I turned it off but no. I would like to see some more competition at the front but it just doesn't look like it.

And I wondered about Crashtor because he was out when I was watching but didn't know why...

I missed most of the race due to a bike ride. I hoped that they were going to replay in the afternoon but nope. And what I watched was in Spanish so I had no clue what was going on. I had hoped for Williams to win as they were leading when I turned it off but no. I would like to see some more competition at the front but it just doesn't look like it.

And I wondered about Crashtor because he was out when I was watching but didn't know why...
Opening lap, turn one.

Crashtor took out Grosjean and Alonso, and sent others off track. Alonso was able to get a new front wing and continue, but the attrition rate was crazy. The only reason Alonso finally managed to score his first point was because there were no cars left.

They did replay it in the afternoon.
Opening lap, turn one.

Crashtor took out Grosjean and Alonso, and sent others off track. Alonso was able to get a new front wing and continue, but the attrition rate was crazy. The only reason Alonso finally managed to score his first point was because there were no cars left.
Dildonado strikes again.

Reactions: OGG
They did replay it in the afternoon.

Dildonado strikes again.

Maybe on your afternoon but not on mine (or my cable company )

I didn't know Alonso got caught up in it since he got a point but even the bit I watched there were a lot of OUT on the classification :(

Why does Maldonado still drive a car at all?
He shouldn't be allowed on an F1 circuit again until he passes another Super License test, an IQ test, a Psych evaluation...

Money. If he didn't bring a shitload of sponsorship money to a cash strapped team, he'd have been gone a long time ago.

What I don't get, is that when he got his first F1 ride, he was pretty good. He actually won a race for Williams while Vettel was on his reign of terror.

Now he can't complete a race at all because he bounces off of something or someone.

Time for him to go.

Well, pretty strong evidence that this story has teeth...

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...as-kimi-raikkonen-felipe-nasr-williams-071715

Not that it comes as a surprise, we all saw it coming.

Will Kimi call it a career?

Who will get Valteri's seat at Williams?

Is my Alonso/Massa reunion wish a possibility?

What about Nico Hulkenberg? He's been at the center of the Ferrari talk for years now. Vettel ain't leaving... they just signed Bottas, and Force India is hanging by a thread. I can't see Hulk driving for them next year.

No one else can afford him...

Except. ..

McLaren.

Jenson Button may be done done done for sure now.

Gonna be interesting.

The story you linked to says Nasr will fill Bottas' seat. Hulkenberg, Vergne, Grosjean, and Gutierrez have all been named as potential Haas candidates.

I thought Button was done the last two seasons, but he keeps hanging on.

The story you linked to says Nasr will fill Bottas' seat. Hulkenberg, Vergne, Grosjean, and Gutierrez have all been named as potential Haas candidates.

I thought Button was done the last two seasons, but he keeps hanging on.
I read that, but I'm not convinced that will ultimately be the case. I can only imagine the confusion it would cause for the team Williams guys to have Felipe Massa and Felipe Nasr on track at the same time.
On a sadder note Jules Bianchi has passed away 9 months after that terrible crash last year

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/statement-family-death-jules-bianchi-021931047--f1.html
I just found out. I am incredibly saddened. Been tearing up while reading the tributes. Gutted. Such a great kid, and so fun to watch. This is just terrible.

#ForzaJules

Felipe Nasr just signed a contract extension with Sauber through 2016. Actually, both Sauber drivers did.

So, will Alonso have to sport the neon yellow T-bar when he rejoins his forner teammate Felipe Massa at Williams? :)

Wow, what a race! Who would have thought two Red Bulls would be on the podium, a McLaren and a Toro Rosso would beat both Mercedes, and both McLarens would finish in the points?

Dildonado got three separate penalties, and two points on his superlicense. Grosjean, Hamilton, Kvyat and Verstappen also picked up penalty points.

I think that race was the end of Rosberg's chances to beat Hamilton in the championship. He's going to have to think about his mistake colliding with Riccardo for a month, and that's not going to do his confidence any good.

:mad:
Once again it does not seem to be repeated anywhere on channels I get. Sounds like it was a wild race I would have loved to watch it.

Bonkers race from start to finish!

I'm not a big Vettel fan, but I was happy he held on for the victory. The Mercedes domination was getting extremely tiresome.

Rosberg was poised to take the points lead and totally screwed the pooch. That's gonna sting for a while.

Adrian Newey being back in the pitbox can be the only explanation for the massive uptick in performance with team Red Bull. All of their woes began immediately upon his stepping aside, and seem to have miraculously vanished with his return. Ricciardo had a very real shot at winning that race.

Nice to see the McLaren cars both score points, good for them.

Williams seemed entirely out of sorts. Not sure how to explain their backwards slide, but they seriously need a new aerodynamicist.

Nice to see Hulk get out his car unhurt, that was a brutal hit.

The moment of silence for Jules before the race was very tough to watch. Seeing all of the drivers form a circle in honoring their friend had me gutted. I cried, I couldn't help it. The tributes to him from so many people in the sport have been incredibly moving. I don't think there is a more well liked guy in the entire racing community. Such a tremendous loss.

Crashtor.

Fuck that guy. The FIA needs to step in. He is unfit to race F1. Super License or not, he is eventually going to cause the next fatality. It is unacceptable for him to continue to endanger himself and the other drivers. Enough already. If Lotus can't afford to field a team without his sponsorship money, then they have no business continuing in the sport either. Tough shit, deal with it or GTFO.

Now the rumor mill has Button going to Williams to replace Bottas. McLaren says they will block that move. Petty. Fuck them too.

Anyway, the Summer break is shaping up to be a mini silly season. Pretty good chance that the future of Kimi and Valterri will be sorted before the next race.

What a race!!

Brilliant start for the Ferrari drivers. It was nice to have a race where Mercedes wasn't leasing from flag to flag for a change. I think they have issues with their clutch because both of them got gobbled up by the Ferraris. I was gutted when Kimi had a mechanical issue. It would have been nice to see him on the podium.

It was nice to see McLaren get some good points, but it was more due to the bizarre circumstances of the race that they got there, rather than the pace of the car. They're supposed to be bringing an engine update for Spa. I hope it pans out for them.

I wasn't surprised to see Red Bull on the podium. Hungary plays well to their strength, which is aerodynamic grip with lots of of high speed corners, and not much of a straight, thus negating much of Mercedes advantage. However it appears that the straight line speed for Red Bull is getting better since Ricciardo could run down Rosberg on the straight (unless Mercedes was running with too much downforce).

Roseberg threw away a good opportunity to close the gap to Hamilton. His race craft is still suspect IMO. Hamilton's race craft didn't look much better either today.

Crashtor needs to go away before he kills someone.

Reactions: OGG
Back