Finally going to give bro in law back his amp

Bob411

thrumming with potential
Some of you might remember a couple weeks back, maybe a month ago, I posted on Facebook how my nephew had it for 6 months, finally brought it back to his Dad, and I fixed it the next day.

P1100585.JPG

Fixed some of it anyways. I replaced the power cord, and it worked. Had son play the Tele through it, sounded awesome. So good in fact, a couple of days later, I asked son, Do you remember the distortion sounding that good? I remember it had a good clean sound but, the dirt was not so good. Not really a problem for bro in law. He is a "just give me a good clean sound that I can fuck up with pedals" kind of guy.

Still, I was curious. Was it the Tele or, did I fix something else? I asked him to try his LP through it. Couple days later, he gets around to it, he says, that amp doesn't work.

I try it. ...and at this point, the stain/rust on the grill is starting to bleed through. I can get it to work if, after you turn it on, you have to push the clean/dirt channels button.

Working late. Working Saturdays. Nasty cold, blowing my nose non-stop.... Finally opened it up yesterday to spay some deoxit in the switch. I'm spraying, looking at the switch thinking, I don't think there is a way for any of this to get into the switch, but what the hell, and I'm pushing on the switch hoping some got in there. I can see the switch moving. So I take off all the knobs, so I can get to the underside, probably need to re-solder it. Solder looks perfect. I think the underside of the switch is more open. Spay it again with deoxit. Squirted some hot melt glue between the switch, and the pots on each side of it. So far, it's working.

I think the black grill makes it look a little more Fenderish.

P1100699.JPG

P1100700.JPG

Attachments

• P1100585.JPG
    P1100585.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 43
  • P1100698.JPG
    P1100698.JPG
    497.3 KB · Views: 41
Back